Cally Evaluates Nebraska Walk-On Program

Guest WyomingHusker

Another tradition gone! Won't be long and only a handfull of players will be Nebraskan. That was one of the best facts about the program. A state with few people landed over half the roster in the program. Now NU can be like Wyoming. 90% from other states.

Husk Fuskers

grrrr

I mean WyomingHusker...

You ever think about the fact that if your really this negative about Husker situation that maybe you should just migrate to a Kstate board? I mean your name and kstate flag remind me of that ESPN commercial where the Michigan boy and Ohio State girl are making out... and then the screen shows "without sports, this wouldnt be disgusting."

Seriously get a ahold of your self... Man if you gotta go blow a load in a tube sock, do it if that will get you to settle down! COME ON MAN GET A GRIP!

Guest WyomingexHusker

Man I can't! Hell I grew up watching Big Red and all that went with it. I have been to countless away games, Hawaii, California, Texas, many many home games, Bowl games. And this dink Pederson comes along and changes it all over night! He was never any one and could never advance in the real world or atheltics so he appoints himself HEAD COACH! Incognito. Watch he will make the decisions and run off another coach. Unless Callahan produces. Change is not good.

Three yards and a cloud of dust, smash mouth football! That "was" BIG RED!

Home town kids! Yeah real Nebraskans! Pride! Now? West coast suffer boys! that don't know what a cow is! I have never seen anything good come out of California!

I will find a new team and settle in! I wish Wyoming would pick up Solich and or Gill! But hell they don't pay enough an barely make Div.1.

ok Wyo its time to pay attention. As I have said before, look at the big time Huskers that have come from OUTSIDE Nebraska. Yes, great players have come from within, but great players have also come from outside the boarder of Ne, even from CA you goof! Do you know the name Ralph Brown? uh he's from CA. Do you remember Lawrence Phillips (a bit of a problem child, but a great running back) uh he's from CA. Peter bros, remember them? New Jersey! Demorrio Williams, surely you know him - TEXAS! Oh, and a guy named Tommie Frazier - Florida! Shall I continue? The only reason I have Cal in my name is cuz that's where I live. I am true to NU NO MATTER WHAT as I am husker by birth and have watched and supported NU football pretty much all my life. You claim to be a fan and post that purple crap on this message board. You are not an NU fan, your what we call here in Cali a WANNABE. Have a nice day and by the way you say nothing good has come out of Calif., check who this year co-champion is! :angry:

Guest WyomingexHusker

I never said anything contrary to that. All I said was half of the team were Nebraska kids. More than most major colleges except Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas schools. It was just unique and a great tradition to see young men come from a state of 1.5 million and compete. Fewer poeple than the suburbs of Dallas. That was a tradition!!!! Callahan will and is changing that. NU will be like UW, 3/4 from Cal. NJ.Fl. and other states with few if any instate recruits.

I never said no great atheletes came from outstate. Just Recruiting instate and having them excel was a TRADITION! Now gone or soon to be gone!

Don't foget, Jeff Kinney, Johnny Rodgers, Eric Crouch, Both Heismans, Ahman Green, Tom Rathman, Scott Frost. Brook Beringer, Born in Ne but graduated from High school in KS. Dave Rimington, Barney Cotton. ETC ETC!