Warren Buffett to appear on The Office finale

The cast of “The Office” appeared in Warren Buffett's pre-meeting movie in Omaha last month, and Buffett will return the favor next week.

The Omaha investor will portray himself in the May 19 season finale of the series, applying to replace office manager Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell, who is departing the highly rated show for good.

In the movie, shown at the April 30 meeting of Berkshire Hathaway shareholders, Buffett was introduced as a candidate for Scott's job as he walked into a meeting of the office cast.

LINK

What's funny is that he lives in California, but yet people still act like he lives in Omaha.

Because he does

http://www.forbes.com/2005/03/10/cx_bill05_homeslide_2.html?thisSpeed=6000000000

he happens to also own a home in California.

Funny story; my dad was close friends with Warren's son, Peter, when growing up. They lived near each other. Anyway, one year my dad and Peter were looking for dates for prom. My dad had his sights set on this one girl, but Peter asked her first...so he went to his second choice, my future mother. My mom said she knew Peter was from a wealthy family but didn't really know how wealthy. She said that they had double dated that night and stopped at Warren's house after the dance (or dinner or something). She was supposed to call her parents to let them know where she was at and when she went to use the phone in the house she noticed it was a multi-line phone. This is back when multi-line phones were fairly new...especially in a persons house. She said that's when she realized he might be richer than she had first imagined.