A five-year snapshot of Nebraska baseball

But set aside the dramatic final weekend for a minute. Look, instead, at where Husker baseball stands over the last five years of Big 12 play. This is neither a random, small snapshot nor a three-year look that some would call unfair because it only captures head coach Mike Anderson’s three worst seasons. This five-year measurement encompasses more than an entire recruiting class, and gives each Big 12 program ample time to right the ship.

Big 12 records since 2007:

Texas 94-37-1

Texas A&M 78-52-1

Missouri 70-60

Oklahoma 65-62-1

Oklahoma State 64-64

Kansas State 58-69-1

Baylor 56-73

Nebraska 56-74-1

Kansas 53-77-1

Texas Tech 52-79

The Huskers are No. 8 in the league. Just barely qualifying for the five-year Big 12 Tournament. Nearly 40 games behind old nemesis Texas. More than 20 behind A&M. That’s how much the gap has widened.

If I've done this correctly, I've emboldened and colored the programs which have overtaken Nebraska in the past five years under MA's watch. I believe we were second only to Texas five years ago, but A&M and Mizzou were nipping at our heels.

Now all Sam's OWH article says is that we have tread marks on our backs and we're looking at them run off into the sunset from the dirt. Disgusting.