How do you apply for season tix?

I've been buying from different ticket sellers over the years, but I have never actually made an attempt to buy season tickets from the university, because I hear there is like a huge waiting list. ANyways I was figuring, my waiting time would go down at least a little with the up coming expansion. I've been meaning to apply for a while now, but I have been sure how to do it. So I ask you guys, how do you do it? How exactly does this work? Do I get my name on a list? Is their an application or do I call?

I've been buying from different ticket sellers over the years, but I have never actually made an attempt to buy season tickets from the university, because I hear there is like a huge waiting list. ANyways I was figuring, my waiting time would go down at least a little with the up coming expansion. I've been meaning to apply for a while now, but I have been sure how to do it. So I ask you guys, how do you do it? How exactly does this work? Do I get my name on a list? Is their an application or do I call?

I am pretty sure you request them and then donate to the athletic department. Every year you donate and are on the list you move up it. Like anywhere/anything money talks... You could have season tickets now if you donated enough, but you wouldn't be asking if there wasn't a question of amount. So that is how I understand it works (get on the list, donate till you are offered season tickets, then donate + cost of season tickets).

It isn't a huge sum to donate to get in the door. I imagine that number will drop even more with the addition. There is a long waiting list, but when you donate you get priority points (you increase you placement on the list). So if you decide not to contribute one penny you'll be on the list for a very long time. Donate a few hundred every year and you'll get them soon. If you want them now it'll cost a little more. I think upwards of 1k per ticket donation. I forget what it is, but a certain percentage of your points roll over annually. I'm sure someone can nab this info and post it from the Huskers.com website.

Call the ticket office and they'll give you all the details. I think most people will actually get them with in a year or two of the request. I know my wife's cousin who graduated from UNL 2 years ago was award them this year so she was on the list for basically a year. I guess we've had our tickets for several decades and started with the beef club so we just fill out the renewal every year. The actual donation by ticket will vary depending on the the seat location. Our suggested donation is pretty low actually compared to those around me and I assume that's because we've had them for so long.

I will say it is nice to actually have a waiting list again. You don't know how close we were to having our sell out end that last year of Billy and Steve. My brother in law actually canceled his season tickets when he got the notice in the spring and they called him 2 weeks before season started asking if he would consider one more year because they were unable to find someone to replace him as a season ticket holder for that year. They were worried the sell out would end if they couldn't get enough people to come back. They basically pleaded like a paper boy trying to sell subscriptions to win a new bike. After they waived the donations he agreed to come back that year.