NWMSU Head Coach Died this Morning of a Heart Attack

I dont' know if this is the place to post this or not but I know many of our Nebraska kids go to Northwest Missouri State down in Maryville, Mo. Their head coach Scott Bostwick died late this morning in Maryville of an apparent heart attack. He took Coach Mel Tjeerdsma's place after Mel retired last year.

I wonder if Mel will come out of retirement until they can find someone to replace Bostwick. Very sad news.

-ladyhawke~

This is the right place ladyhawke. This is actually very big news. As you said many Nebraska prep standouts have gone/are going to NWMS. Also they are a VERY good DII, a powerhouse if you will. This is tragic considering he just was promoted in December.

From the NWMS website

The Link

He also attended Nebraska Weslyan. WOWT had this report:

http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/Northwest_Missouri_State_Football_Coach_Dead_At_49_123201973.html

"Bostwick earned his bachelor's degree from Nebraska Wesleyan where he was a four-year letterwinner and was named all-conference and all-district on the gridiron. He was inducted into the university's Athletic Hall of Fame in 2006 and is the program's third-leading tackler.+

It's so sad. My husband and I are NWMSU alums and our daughter currently attends at Northwest. Once a Bearcat-Always a Bearcat.

Our prayers are with the family.