Guy Makes Point About Bike Lanes by Crashing into Things in Bike Lanes

yea, where I am, I don't really see clearly marked bike lanes. Unless they are the sides of the road where there are parked cars everywhere. Just some signs that say "SHARE THE ROAD", but often times I'm pretty sure there isn't a bike lane, only a shoulder. In any case, how do you make a left turn if you don't switch lanes? Got yelled at by some idiot driver for being in the middle lane when I was only there to get to the left and make a turn. Luckily I've never been ticketed.

I lol'd at the last crash.

how perfect that a cop was parked in a bike lane :lol: it baffles me that they actually do give fines to people riding bikes in NYC.

It's all about generating revenue. Find something people like--find ways to tax and regulate the f#*k out of it. For the judicial branch, this has to be huge. This new form of revenue may just keep the "war on drugs" alive for another decade!

On another note, I've been noticing a lot of signs around Omaha that encourage biking and educate motorists to watch out for bikes on the roads. I've even noticed midtown and downtown making efforts to mark bike lanes. It would be nice to see the biking trend catch-on in Omaha.

And actually, Omaha/Council Bluffs/Mineola is home to the country's largest, continual bike ride. Ye ol' Taco Ride!