TO honored in KC

I have class tonight otherwise . . .

Former Chiefs great Bobby Bell and Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne are among the honor recipients at tonight’s Sport KC PROPS, an awards ceremony recognizing sports in the region.

Mostly because: Program emcee: Kevin Keitzman, WHB 810 AM.

Kansas City Star

Those who don't know KK - he is THE major Husker Hater in KC. He "broke" the news that MU was definitely in the Big Ten. He still says that B1G offered and then pulled an invitation to MU, so he really is the ONE media person that nearly destroyed the Big 12 and ultimately set up the conditions for NU to be in the B1G.

Time machine photo of KK after he says nice things about TO in his introduction:

pinocchio1.gif

I have class tonight otherwise . . .

Former Chiefs great Bobby Bell and Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne are among the honor recipients at tonight’s Sport KC PROPS, an awards ceremony recognizing sports in the region.

Mostly because: Program emcee: Kevin Keitzman, WHB 810 AM.

Kansas City Star

Those who don't know KK - he is THE major Husker Hater in KC. He "broke" the news that MU was definitely in the Big Ten. He still says that B1G offered and then pulled an invitation to MU, so he really is the ONE media person that nearly destroyed the Big 12 and ultimately set up the conditions for NU to be in the B1G.

Time machine photo of KK after he says nice things about TO in his introduction:

pinocchio1.gif

Unless a lot of Husker fans show up I don't imagine Dr. Tom's reception there will be that warm. He's respected in these parts, but the fact when he coached his teams absolutely OWNED the three local teams and the PERCEPTION that he and Harvey through Mizzou under the bus last June (didn't say it was true, but if you live in these parts that is what you'll hear from the cry baby Tigggggger fans) I highly doubt he'll be well received. I'm sure Dr. Tom can weather it, it won't be the first time he didn't receive a warm reception.

I haven't listened to 810 since last June. Life's too short to get all worked up over the ramblings of several idiots with a huge inferiority complex.

High School Athletes of the Year:Missouri — Shea Groom, Liberty; Matthew Margriter, Rockhurst. Kansas — Le’Tristan Pledger, Washington; Bubba Starling, Gardner-Edgerton.
Looks like Bubba is picking up an award at this thing too.