Big Ten schools each will receive $22.6 million

The Big Ten Conference will pay each of its members a record $22.6 million this year. The increase is due in part to increased revenue from the Big Ten Network.

These payouts do not include Nebraska, which did not join the league until July 1. Nebraska will not receive a full share until 2017, according to an NU official.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the conference's TV network paid its schools $7.9 million each. According to information from the University of Illinois, that's up 21 percent from last year's $6.5 million.

The Big Ten distributes money to its members equally based on a revenue sharing system.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1ba16b11-7b08-5e67-8fd6-c9b9ff167366.html

• 2 weeks later...

The Big Ten Conference will pay each of its members a record $22.6 million this year. The increase is due in part to increased revenue from the Big Ten Network.

These payouts do not include Nebraska, which did not join the league until July 1. Nebraska will not receive a full share until 2017, according to an NU official.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the conference's TV network paid its schools $7.9 million each. According to information from the University of Illinois, that's up 21 percent from last year's $6.5 million.

The Big Ten distributes money to its members equally based on a revenue sharing system.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_1ba16b11-7b08-5e67-8fd6-c9b9ff167366.html

That is pretty amazing. I am really surprised that the BTN has generated that much revenue. I think the programming is a little weak and CFB hosts are not the best but I remember ESPN was terrible in its first few years (anybody remember the constant airing of Austrailian rules football?).

That is pretty amazing. I am really surprised that the BTN has generated that much revenue. I think the programming is a little weak and CFB hosts are not the best but I remember ESPN was terrible in its first few years (anybody remember the constant airing of Austrailian rules football?).

I miss Austrailian rules football!

"Oh, and the mid-fielder's arm is ripped off! And the ref says, 'No foul, play on' "

All the other sports are getting coverage finally which results in more people watching (those not interested in football or basketball) which means more advrtsers which means more money.

Speaking of advertisements, get ready to get sick of Ro-Tel