6 lbs. Pork Baby Back Ribs, Cut Into Two-Rib Portions

2 Cups Water, Divided

3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar

2 T. Cornstarch

2 T. Garlic Powder

1/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger

1/2 Cup Honey

1/4 Cup Soy Sauce

Place ribs bone side down in a large roasting pan; pour 1 cup of water over ribs. Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2 hours.

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger. Stir in the soy sauce, honey and remaining water until smooth. Drain fat from roasting pan; pour sauce over ribs.

Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until meat is tender.

• Fire 2
  • 1 year later...

OK..you foodies please forgive me.

I'm thinking of trying this as I think I have most of the stuff on hand.

Roxy...

I tried googling what you mean by "Water, Divided" and am sort of confident you don't mean the rearanging of lake water.

My Son thinks I need to have the water in two separate containers, but I'm still trying to remember an electrolysis experiment in highschool Physics or maybe Chemistry, and having a hard time remembering which electrode will produce Hydrogen, and which will produce Oxygen...I guess which ever one collects twice as fast will be the H2.

I'm going to try acidifying the H2O with vinegar because I'm fresh out of HCl...Am I sposed to add both gases to the ribs?

You put 1 cup in the roasting pan..and you take the other 1 cup remaining water to make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger. Stir in the soy sauce, honey and remaining water until smooth. Drain fat from roasting pan; pour sauce over ribs.

Yeah,,I hoped that was what the recipe meant...and thanks for your reply.

I had to substitute powdered sugar for Brown,

And the honey had begun to crystalize, which gave the glaze? a consistancy that resembled brown sugar.

I may have gotten a little carried away with the ginger root..I'd never had any before and didn't realize it turned to wood after a couple of months on the window sill over the kitchen sink..I was using a fine grater on it and started making a cool shape with it

The 1st cup of water seemed inadequate, so I added another before the 1st bake..the glaze seemed thin enough without the other cup of water..I may have used too much soy sauce? ..It seemed to taste a little salty maybe because I added some "Fameous Dave's" rib rub so I kept adding more powdered sugar until a taste didn't make my face do contortions.

My son took a taste and insisted I cover his with BBQ sauce instead.