Brown doesn't sound thrilled w/ Network either...

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Deep into training camp as he tries to rebound from a losing season, Texas coach Mack Brown sounds uneasy about the access to his program he's being asked to give to the soon-to-launch Longhorn Network.

The network has asked to film and broadcast practices and meetings that are normally closed to the media and public and a cameraman is always following Brown or someone on his staff.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/08/11/texas-longhorn-network.ap/index.html#ixzz1Upjyt8MX

Can you imagine what Bo would think if they tried to turn Husker football into a reality show like they are Texas athletics?

Might have happened had Nebraska stayed Big12 and went ahead w/ its own network. This program could very well be the end of Texas. It will be the end of plenty of things that's for sure. When Brown retires (which may come sooner now) they will be more inclined to hire someone w/ a background in reality TV than a head coach - because program exposure/representation is more valuable than winning. Rather have a talking head that looks good w/ their shirt off than someone that knows Xs & Os.

This is what I never understood about the LHN conceptually from the very beginning: Where the hell is your content coming from? You can't televise conference games (someone will have to explain the back and forth over that to me, assuming the conference doesn't implode before it makes sense), and you're depending on one program to run a 24/7/365 TV network that provides continually engaging content to paying customers. I just don't see it. I don't see how it's desirable or profitable. I was even a little skeptical when the B1G decided to form a network because even with 11 teams it still seemed like you could run into a problem with a shortage of quality content. The LHN has it 11 times worse.

As for Brown, I'd just remind him that Texas is a powerful player and everybody wants you. Now you've got a network that wants you and your team and your coaches to fill the gaping void of broadcast hours. What, did you think you wouldn't be required to share the load of an undertaking like this? You guys asked for a pedestal of media attention. Well enjoy it. You got what you wanted.

I hope this network implodes as fast as the conference it's destroying.

This is spin.

Just like most things coming out of Austin, but this is just out there to setup the "it's a burden on us too" message. It's a bad attempt at getting sympathy for making a deal with the devil... but it also allows them to eventually drop or change the deal with espn without as much egg on their face. Since that is what they'll have to do if the big 12 dissolves.