Tailgating in Minnesota?

Alley

Just got my tickets for the Minnesota game and I'm pumped! It looks like the only lots designated for tailgating are season pass only. The only single game lots don't say u can tailgate. This is from the map on their site. So just wondering what people are planning on doing. I guess I can buy a season pass on eBay, there going for over 50 bucks. No idea what lot I should choose.

Also what bars will huskers be at Friday and Saturday night?

Psycho Suzie's looked pretty damn entertaining. More than likely I'll be there on Friday getting my Mai Tai on.

As for game day, wifey and I are staying at the Days Inn 1/4 mile from the stadium. We're planning on just tailgating in the hotel's private lot. Plan is to tailgate out of the back of the car with a grill and cooler until they kick us out, or a group of huskers pulls us off to a bar.

I've got a list of places to drink and eat too, but it's at work. If I remember, I'll try to stick it on here tomorrow (at home now). Among other things, my list has my plan for eating at a place from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives each night we're there.

Tailgating is a real pain in the butt in Minnesota. Your best bet is finding some houses off campus and drink and party there.

Would you be able to expand on that a bit? Any info would be great MH.

I'd assume you mean that parking is a pain the @ss. If we have the parking reserved already, are we good to go?

Also, I figure walking around with our "Red Cups" is not going to happen. But can we have coozies with beers as long as we stay near our car in a parking area? Are the police/local enforcement jerks, or pretty lenient? Are there any quirks or particulars that we may not be used to?

Thanks man!

Tailgating is a real pain in the butt in Minnesota. Your best bet is finding some houses off campus and drink and party there.

Would you be able to expand on that a bit? Any info would be great MH.

I'd assume you mean that parking is a pain the @ss. If we have the parking reserved already, are we good to go?

Also, I figure walking around with our "Red Cups" is not going to happen. But can we have coozies with beers as long as we stay near our car in a parking area? Are the police/local enforcement jerks, or pretty lenient? Are there any quirks or particulars that we may not be used to?

Thanks man!

I live just west of the cities and work with a bunch of Gopher grads; I'll try to get some detailed info and pass it along as I was hoping to go to the game too.

• Fire 1

Here's the restaurants we're going to hit up for dinner each night. All were featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives.

Donatelli's - Home made everything italian

Q Fanatic BBQ - Mom & Pop bbq joint

Psycho Suzies - Mai Tais, Pizza (Probably Friday)

Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit - Picture a bigger version of Crescent Moon's Basement (Probably Saturday)

Victor's 1959 Cafe - Cuban

Salsa A La Salsa - Mexican