Lache Seastrunk leaving Oregon

I kind of get the feeling this wasn't his idea. I wonder if Oregon is cutting him loose to protect themselves in some way.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6880477/oregon-ducks-lache-seastrunk-granted-release-amid-ncaa-review

Lache Seastrunk, the running back connected to the probe into Oregon's use of Texas-based prep scouting service, has been granted his unconditional release by the No. 3 Ducks.

Questions were first raised about Seastrunk's status when he did not report for practice Saturday morning. Oregon coach Chip Kelly confirmed his release in the afternoon.

There was no immediate word as to why Seastrunk wanted to leave Oregon. A prep star at Temple High School in Texas, Seastrunk redshirted as a freshman last season.

I kind of get the feeling this wasn't his idea. I wonder if Oregon is cutting him loose to protect themselves in some way.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6880477/oregon-ducks-lache-seastrunk-granted-release-amid-ncaa-review

Lache Seastrunk, the running back connected to the probe into Oregon's use of Texas-based prep scouting service, has been granted his unconditional release by the No. 3 Ducks.

Questions were first raised about Seastrunk's status when he did not report for practice Saturday morning. Oregon coach Chip Kelly confirmed his release in the afternoon.

There was no immediate word as to why Seastrunk wanted to leave Oregon. A prep star at Temple High School in Texas, Seastrunk redshirted as a freshman last season.

It certainly seems that way. It will be interesting what comes of this. As I said in his profile thread, I bet he ends up at Auburn or LSU.

Lache was unhappy with his role on the team, thus he transferred. On Friday, it became apparent that he wasn't going to make the travel squad and become the 5th string, possibly 6th string running back. At practice he was visually frustrated with the way he was being used on the field. Once he learned that incoming freshman DeAnthony Thomas and Tra Carson passed him on the depth chart, there was no reason for him to stay.

Once I find the link, I'll edit the post.

Lache was unhappy with his role on the team, thus he transferred. On Friday, it became apparent that he wasn't going to make the travel squad and become the 5th string, possibly 6th string running back. At practice he was visually frustrated with the way he was being used on the field. Once he learned that incoming freshman DeAnthony Thomas and Tra Carson passed him on the depth chart, there was no reason for him to stay.

Once I find the link, I'll edit the post.

Man, that sucks.

It certainly seems that way. It will be interesting what comes of this. As I said in his profile thread, I bet he ends up at Auburn or LSU.

Auburn quit recruiting him cold turkey midway through his senior year. Everyone thought it was because we had already gotten Dyer but maybe there was already suspicious stuff going on.