Austin Jones funniest man on the team

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_4e8ffc01-af65-5e19-901d-fdac05e72580.html

Confessions of a funnyman: Observation. That's the key.

Austin Jones is paying close attention, you see. He's watching how teammates move -- the way they walk off the field, the faces they make when they speak, their hand gestures when it's their turn to talk.

He is always watching. And listening. Intently. Not just to what people say but how they say it.

"I just think about it in my head, ‘How would this guy sound?' And then I'll just do it somehow," the senior running back explains.

Ask teammates: Who is the funniest guy on the team? Almost always the answer is the same.

Jones impersonates how Brandon Kinnie walks. "He's got it down. It's pretty funny," Kinnie says. He mimics position coach Ron Brown's routine during practice drills. "Oh, yeah. He can do anybody," Brown says. "He's quite a talent."

He even dares to impersonate the head of this ship. Bo Pelini doesn't mind. Not at all.

That's just A.J. Funny dude.

But understand that's not why teammates and coaches love him. Jokes will get you attention. Hard work will get you respect.

Jones has it.

"I can count on A.J. When I'm not looking, he is doing something to get better," Brown says. "There is never a play in practice where you ever have to say, ‘A.J., pick it up. Run harder. Finish the play.' He's as good a finisher as we have on this team. He may be the best hustler we have or pretty doggone close to it."
Guys like this make us a better team. Great get for a walk-on. And funny!