Twin Cities Husker Bar and Grill

While visiting my brother this past weekend, we wanted to go and have a couple of beers and watch the game. A couple of years ago we did the same thing at another joint and it was too insane. I don't want to stand for the whole game and yell at the server for a drink.

The solution

Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub in St. Paul.

The staff wore husker gear. There was a blow up 'Lil Red. They handed us 8 free drink tickets and free ribs. It was very relaxing and I could really focus on the game instead of dealing with rowdy drunks. A former player Josh Cobb was there. It was a positive experience. There were many empty seats, so if you guys are in the Twin Cities area and want to watch the game with like minded faithful who are not there to just drink 'til they puke, hit that joint up!

While visiting my brother this past weekend, we wanted to go and have a couple of beers and watch the game. A couple of years ago we did the same thing at another joint and it was too insane. I don't want to stand for the whole game and yell at the server for a drink.

The solution

Tom Reid's Hockey City Pub in St. Paul.

The staff wore husker gear. There was a blow up 'Lil Red. They handed us 8 free drink tickets and free ribs. It was very relaxing and I could really focus on the game instead of dealing with rowdy drunks. A former player Josh Cobb was there. It was a positive experience. There were many empty seats, so if you guys are in the Twin Cities area and want to watch the game with like minded faithful who are not there to just drink 'til they puke, hit that joint up!

Joe Sensers has a group of former band members that play the fight song; it's a good atmosphere that you may want to check out too.. Last time I was there was KSU 2007 but I would assume it's the same deal there.

Good to know about Tom Reid's. I've been to Joe Senser's a bunch of times, and it does get pretty insane. That's not necessarily a bad thing - there are a ton of NU fans there - but sometimes you just want to sit down and watch the dang game, you know? You have to show up really early if you want a seat at Senser's. Reid's is a lot closer to where I live, and the free drink tickets and ribs thing is intriguing... I'll check it out. Thanks!

We went to Joe Sensors twice last season. I just moved here and wanted to find a place, found out they were a big Husker bar and went there. The place gets PACKED and loud and at times roudy. To sit, you do have to get there pretty early. The band is fun, the atmosphere is fun. One game a table of all guys right next to us had "that guy" who was clearly overserved, was hitting on all the waitresses (often times very inappropriately and arguably groped them), the friends let him go for a while until many warnings from my table, a table nearby and people complaining to the staff. Even then the friends didn't really do much to keep him under wraps and he was pretty out of control. I know that happens and you can't predict it to stay away but it really ruined my experience that day and I likely won't go back very much now that games are on BTN.

Overall, I would say Joe Sensors is a good place to go. I just wish I didn't have the memories from that one day. That guy made a lot of people uncomfortable and the staff didn't really do anything. Hopefully, if you visit there your experience will be better than that time for me.