Notifications

308_Husker

Would it be possible to have notifications when people comment on your status and/or reply to one of your posts?

I know it sounds a lot like facebook, but it would help out sometimes in carrying on a conversation about a particular topic. Being able to keep track of your particular conversations within a topic would be beneficial rather than just seeing that a topic on the main page has been bumped by a new response from somebody who may not have responded to your post.

Is that at all possible?

Would it be possible to have notifications when people comment on your status and/or reply to one of your posts?

I know it sounds a lot like facebook, but it would help out sometimes in carrying on a conversation about a particular topic. Being able to keep track of your particular conversations within a topic would be beneficial rather than just seeing that a topic on the main page has been bumped by a new response from somebody who may not have responded to your post.

Is that at all possible?

Go to your account settings (near the upper right of a page, find the white text entitled My Settings) and click it. Look for the Notification Options link at the left. Under Status Updates, place a check in the box labeled Notify me of replies to my status updates.

For posts, you have a couple of options. One is to get notices any time someone posts to a topic to which you've posted. Again, under the Notification Options, find the Topics & Posts section, and select the options you want for notification.