Carr,Price,Smith > Martinez

Crouch was solid as a sophomore and we won the Big 12 that year. Be mean all you want, I really don't care. I just don't see how any of you can be critical of Crouch and honestly say that you'd rather have Martinez as a sophomore than Crouch as a sophomore.

Crouch was playing behind a VASTLY better offensive line. This is like asking if you'd like Patton or MacArthur to general your troops - but oh by the way, if you choose MacArthur I'm going to throw in 150 tanks on the side. It's just not a fair comparison.

1999 Nebraska won the Big 12 Championship that year because the defense was absolutely nasty. On par with or better than the 1995 defense or the 2009 defense.

Crouch was a good QB for his sophomore year. But it wasn't his first year in a new offense, and he wasn't as productive as Martinez has been this year. And thus far, that was a vastly better team than the one Martinez is playing on.

And if he's not as good as Crouch, then what?

THEN HE'S NOT AS GOOD AS A QB THAT WON THE HEISMAN f'ing TROPHY? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY QBS HAVEN'T WON THE HEISMAN TROPHY? THOUSANDS.

So get off the kid's back, because he is our quarterback and is our best weapon, like it or not.

• Fire 1

So if Martinez as a sophomore isn't better than Crouch, that means he's an awful QB? I seriously don't understand some of you people.

I'm so sick of this.

I stand in teh student section week after week and listen to this kind of bitching and hating on Taylor

Walking around campus and hearing people calling for Carnes to start... God, if there's one thing i hate, it is pure stupidity and this fanbase has more than enough of it to go around.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been saying swifty. Thanks, your intelligence has enlightened us all.

Like I said, if we don't have a QB who makes the perfect decision every time he gets a hold of the football people are going to whine and complain. Listen, I don't care about the freshman, sophomore, junior, or a senior, every QB of every age is going to make mistakes. And I still don't see where the comparison of Crouch as a soph and Taylor as a soph holds any water.

Defenses make opposing QBs look bad. You saw what our D did against a lot of good QBs the past couple of years. Was Zac Lee/TMart better than Landry Jones/Blaine Gabbert/Jake Locker? No. But our D would definitely make you believe that they were.

So if Martinez as a sophomore isn't better than Crouch, that means he's an awful QB? I seriously don't understand some of you people.

I'm so sick of this.

I stand in teh student section week after week and listen to this kind of bitching and hating on Taylor

Walking around campus and hearing people calling for Carnes to start... God, if there's one thing i hate, it is pure stupidity and this fanbase has more than enough of it to go around.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've been saying swifty. Thanks, your intelligence has enlightened us all.

What?

I wasn't talking about you.

jumptoconclusionsmat.jpg

Those people in the stands and those of us you might run into on a message board, may just view things differently than you. Might have a different perspective on the game than you. Doesn't make them stupid, doesn't make you right. Sports would suck if everyone always agreed.

His sophomore year was 1999. He started all but the first 2 games. So I guess you should quit the drugs. And aren't you just proving my point, that he was still better with no starting experience than Martinez is with an entire year under his belt??

Crouch started most of his freshman year with Newcombe hurt, probably as much as Martinez played healthy his freshman year. So he had just as much experience as Martinez does right now.

Let's look at Crouch's first start of 1999. Nebraska won 20-13, but Crouch was 6/10 with 2 interceptions, and the Huskers turned the ball over 5 times total which led to all of Southern Miss's 13 points.

Crouch played better against Missouri, where he was 10/17 throwing for 143 yards, and rushed for 92 yards on 15 carries.

Against Oklahoma State, he was 7/13 for 145 yards as Nebraska won 38-14, and he rushed for 61 yards.

Against Iowa State, he was 5/10 for 85 yards, and rushed for 58 yards.

Against Texas, the first remotely tough opponent, Crouch was 12-20 for 204 yards, but fumbled twice in the first half - fumbles were what plauged Nebraska in 1999, and kept them from winning a national championship. Nebraska lost against Texas 24-20.

The stats that Martinez and Crouch put up at this point in their sophomore year are comparable. We simply haven't seen yet how Martinez rises to the challenge of his first marquis opponent.

• Fire 1

I don't understand how people claim Brion is better than Taylor. He's what he got, he's what we're going to win with. People can not like Taylor, but for people to blindly hate on him without understanding how valuable he actually is is what pisses me off.

god i suck double post

Who's claiming this? Didn't see it in the thread??

I don't understand how people claim Brion is better than Taylor. He's what he got, he's what we're going to win with. People can not like Taylor, but for people to blindly hate on him without understanding how valuable he actually is is what pisses me off.

god i suck double post

Who's claiming this? Didn't see it in the thread??

Don't think anyone said it in the thread but I've heard a ton of it around campus just ovearheard from your general frat boy idiots. Just idiocy.

We were discussing this Martinez situation the other night and I can see some very similar opinions and comments posted here as were on the post about his throwing motion. Some say Martinez is good. Some say he is adequate, some say he is terrible, and some say he needs to improve his passing game. I do notice one constant nagging thing about this whole topic that really bothers me though......and it's the same people usually repeating these things. Why are those of us who do not think Martinez is as great as some of you do, that we must be either stupid, uninformed, too young to know better, ignorant, asinine, clueless, troublemakers, or drunk off their ass or so on and so forth. What kind of adults cannot view another's opinion and state their disagreement without that kind of childish crap? I don't get it, but it seems to be the way of things around here so I will continue stating my opinion and putting up with the negativity of some of you. I am of the opinion that the original poster has hit the nail on the head in most every one of his comments and if you read my comments on the other thread, I would say we damn near echo each other........Martinez might be a great straight line runner, he has no real moves, no jukes, no shake and bakes, he better have a damn good hole to hit and then he turns on the jets....That's great. But the best point of the night was that yes, Wyoming's QB was by far the better QB on the field tonight, along with the other QB"s we have played thus far. Wait til' you all see Russell Wilson next week. Talk about a dual threat! This offense could be amazing with any of the QB"s on the opposing teams of this years first 5 games. That Washington kid would light the world on fire here in Nebraska in my opinion. Like I said the other night....it's sad if at the University of Nebraska, Martinez is the best we can do at QB. You say he accounts for seventy percent of our offense, but if you really think that is how Beck wants this offense to look, then I have to disagree. I don't think Beck wants the QB running the ball 2 of 3 downs. That series in the game where Martinez threw 3 incompletions straight. Could you imagine a guy that could get those guys the ball? Imagine Turner getting the ball downfield in a one on one situation instead of getting a screen behind the line of scrimmage and fighting through ten defenders to make a yard. But we run that play why? Because it is a throw Martinez can make! That throw to Kyler Reed was a easy touchdown! Yet he had to stop and come back to the ball. We've seen it too many times already this year, and we will many more. Things are about to get tough for us folks! I hope we are all ready for it.

• Fire 1

I just don't understand what the Martinez haters think they're going to accomplish by complaining about him nonstop. Its not like their whining is going to improve his play.

Exactly what I was talking about. You can't have the opinion that Martinez needs to improve. Nope that is just COMPLAINING, or WHINING or BITCHING or being too DRUNK, or YOU MUST BE TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS......blah blah blah give it a rest.

So I guess when Pelini tells the reporters at the end of the game that we have a lot of areas to improve on, the reporters need to turn to Bo and say " AH QUIT YER BITCHIN'"!