Taylor's Throwing Motion

Footwork is a bigger problem than his arm. Taylor is incredibly fast, but he doesn't seem instincitvely quick, nor does he have the peripheral vision that helps him take a simple step or two to avoid a sack or stay with a pass play.

I still like watching him and think he can do great things. We conveniently forget that he's about the same place Eric Crouch, Scott Frost and Tommie Frazier were four games into their sophomore seasons. And I might take Taylor's overall passing ability over all three of those guys.

You need to rewatch Frazier's freshman year if you need to be reminded of the difference. He had a better O Line, but he was a very smooth operator of the option offense from pretty much the beginning.

You might want to have actually seen him play. He's a career under 50% passing pct even with frequently throwing to WIDE-OPEN wrs (due to their superb run game).

Saying he had a better Oline is accurate but doesn't imply the MASSIVE difference in quality between those two Olines. It's about 10,000 times easier to be a "smooth operator" when you have one the best Olines in the history of cfb running over the defense like a Mercedes Benz over a paper clip.

I will say bshirt, even when I disagree with you, I can appreciate how fervently you argue your point. Personally, I don't remember Tommy being as poor (throwing) as TM, but that has been a long time ago, and my memory is not what is used to be. But I can say with certainty, that I am old enough to have seen him play (along with Tagge, Feragamo, etc, and how many remember Travis Turner)

Heh......point well made my compadre'. Heck, half the time I can't remember my name and it's an excellent chance I'm off the mark to a large degree. Nevertheless, I do get my mouth in gear at times on these forums with little or no functional memory brain cells.

I too by miracle remember Tagge, Van Bronson (sp?) & the Jet. Murtaugh was my biggest hero. Of course I understand and agree that Tmart isn't a pimple on Feragamo's butt throwing the ball. Or Tagge's or Van Bronson's either. There's no denying that.

I could easily be wrong about Frazier's passing skills. I do recall me and my uncle laughing at some of his short sideline passes sailing twenty yds over his wr's head. We didn't care as we were crushing whoever it was anyway. :-) But maybe that was a fluke as of course everybody has bad throwing days now and then. For some reason I can recall clearly many, many of his option runs but few of his passes.

I would be very grateful if you would accept my sincere apology for being at times so abrasive.

GBR!!

No aplogies necessary, no matter which side of the fence one is on about TM, in the end, we all want the same outcome of the game. I love debating this topic with you and Knapplc, it's always entertaing.

One thing I may have figured out in regards to Tommy's passing ability....much like my athletic exploits from HS, Tommy's passing may be getting better and better each year....in my mind! In another 20 years (if I'm still alive), it will be hard to believe how good I was. :cheers