To lighten the mood on this board

This isn't my fondest memory but I like the story. 81 or 82 I'm a student at UNL. We get student season tickets for something like $36 or $45, can't remember exactly. Anyway the Oklahoma game is big money maker for selling student tickets so I sell mine and go home for Thxgiving and watch it with my parents on TV. We win the game and tear down the goal posts. When I return to Lincoln on Sunday and head to my rackroom in the frat, a 12 foot section of the curved goalpost is in my bed.

My most memorable game was probably the 2006 Huskers vs. Aggies game in College Station. I went out to the airman's club on Okinawa to watch the game. I was the only Husker fan there, as far as i could tell, a bunch of Longhorn fans were there ragging on me, but there was few aggie fans there too laying it on. I remember really jumping up and down screaming when Barry Turner blocked the kick and we took over on offense in the final 2 minutes of the game. I practically had a heart attack from happiness when Purify caught the game winning TD catch. "Again to the endzone...It's Purify! Touchdown Cornhuskers!"

I got to rub it in for a good 2 weeks.

Two moments are tied for me, watched them both from the living room of my parents' house growing up. Being 9 years old and watching the Miracle in Missouri was something just incredible to me at the time. The other moment would be Crouch's catch against Oklahoma in '01. Those moments are so cliched but they were such great moments especially to a young kid growing up. I still don't think I have ever been so excited to watch college football as I was for the Nebraska-Oklahoma games in '00 and '01.