Dirk Stirring the Pot again with "Blackshirts" Article

What is this guy's motive? Seriously? This is Bo's team now and he has evolved the tradition just a bit. It's not like he took the blackshirt tradition and turned it on it's head. I am really starting to dislike Dirk and his intentions are in question for me....

*The intro and first part of the body of the article is very interesting....what a douche...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20111103/BIGRED/711039770/-1#chatelain-blackshirts-evolve-as-a-motivational-tool

I absolutely don't care what any former blackshirt has to say about how many are handed out. Just like I didn't care what Dillard was saying about Martinez. This is Bo Pelini's team, and he will run it the way he wants to run it. How many blackshirts were handed out in 2009, when the Huskers had the number one scoring defense?

• Fire 1

i read that article this morning - i think some of you just see Dirk's name at the top and automatically go of the cliff. Did you read the whole thing? Like how he defends the decision at the bottom?

Bo broke with tradition, no doubt.

But the greatest Nebraska tradition is dominance. And last Saturday — for the first time all season — these guys played like a Pelini defense. They played like Blackshirts. They earned the jerseys.

• Fire 2

Dirk is a douche.

He is the TMZ of Husker Football.

Last year he wrote an article about stalking Taylor Martinez on the sidelines. He critiqued the guy's every move. It was downright creepy. He obviously wasn't even watching the game if he could talk about what Taylor was doing on the sidelines.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101016/BIGRED/710169751

Dirk Chatelain is CREEPY.

• Fire 3

i read that article this morning - i think some of you just see Dirk's name at the top and automatically go of the cliff. Did you read the whole thing? Like how he defends the decision at the bottom?

But the greatest Nebraska tradition is dominance. And last Saturday — for the first time all season — these guys played like a Pelini defense. They played like Blackshirts. They earned the jerseys.

He tried to save-face at the end....tried to soften his intentions so that we wouldn't think so wrongly of him. I don't care for the dude. He just wants to create some controversy so his articles get more hits. Screw him. Pelini has earned the right to evolve the tradition a bit. It is quite evident that Pelini is a straight traditionalist and holds HIGH respect for the NEB program. If he didn't, Osborne wouldn't have hired him.

Yea I think people just have a problem with Dirk.

• Fire 1

And we do realize... Dirk is a paid employee of the World Herald (I believe), and not an employee of UNL. I'd even venture a guess that this "work by Dirk" is considered an editorial... which is nothing more than a printed opinion.

Toughen up. If Dirk 'diggles' you, then just don't give him the time of day. I for one like reading alternate viewpoints to those I hold, as every now and then you learn something. It's ok for dissent to exist (in non-violent forms).

Sheep, they're everywhere.

On a related note, maybe Dirk is GOOD for the program... i.e. constant bulletin board material for the team to keep that 'us vs them' mentality...

• Fire 1

Yea I think people just have a problem with Dirk.

His focus was on the the change of the tradition and he gave his point more power by adding in the likes of former blackshirts and their inputs. And he also creates this idea that Husker fans REALLY CARE about the 19 blackshirts that were handed out. Where's all the fans that are complaining??!

Dirk is just writing a story on an NU subject with a fairly long and strong tradition that has been oddly managed by Bo.

On a now defunct message board I suggested that Bo is a media genius as he has made this week's focus be on "blackshirt tradition" rather than a possible trap game against an experienced mobile QB. Just like he made the weeks after a great comeback be about his rant against Dirk (so that the team couldn't read article upon article about their great comeback).

Next week, I suspect Bo might say that he always wanted to coach under Joe Pa. ;)

And we do realize... Dirk is a paid employee of the World Herald (I believe), and not an employee of UNL. I'd even venture a guess that this "work by Dirk" is considered an editorial... which is nothing more than a printed opinion.

Toughen up. If Dirk 'diggles' you, then just don't give him the time of day. I for one like reading alternate viewpoints to those I hold, as every now and then you learn something. It's ok for dissent to exist (in non-violent forms).

On a related note, maybe Dirk is GOOD for the program... i.e. constant bulletin board material for the team to keep that 'us vs them' mentality...

I am not conformist. I am far from it. I enjoy reading alternative media, writers, etc. I gave Dirk my best unbiased chance and his article didn't please me one bit. Does he make you think from a different view? yeah, but he also tries to create this idea that many Husker fans are questioning Pelini about the handling of the blackshirt tradition. I didn't know it was such a big deal.

I am not conformist. I am far from it. I enjoy reading alternative media, writers, etc. I gave Dirk my best unbiased chance and his article didn't please me one bit. Does he make you think from a different view? yeah, but he also tries to create this idea that many Husker fans are questioning Pelini about the handling of the blackshirt tradition. I didn't know it was such a big deal.

you're just well known on this board to have very animated and extreme views in regards to Dirk. claiming your were unbiased in digesting that article is very hard to believe.

He tried to save-face at the end....tried to soften his intentions so that we wouldn't think so wrongly of him. I don't care for the dude. He just wants to create some controversy so his articles get more hits. Screw him. Pelini has earned the right to evolve the tradition a bit. It is quite evident that Pelini is a straight traditionalist and holds HIGH respect for the NEB program. If he didn't, Osborne wouldn't have hired him.

Time to put on the big boy pants... we all don't see through the same set of eyes.

you're just well known on this board to have very animated and extreme views in regards to Dirk. claiming your were unbiased in digesting that article is very hard to believe.

really....I have posted multiple times on this board my distaste for Dirk? Where? This is one of the first times I have said something negative about him. I recall one other time I believe.