Harrison Beck is #2?

i dont think we should waste a redshirt for mop up duty...if taylor gets hurt and there is still a possibility of doing something in the North then ok otherwise go with ganz....if beck is as good as is said we want him for awhile...i live in KC and have not seen freeman myself but just from the games he is winning i am not confident in him yet...also i think beck showed his character after choosing nebraska and going out and trying to help get recruits..we need those type of believes as long as possible :horns2

Why waste it now?  Keep him on the bench, use the redshirt.

Thats pretty much how I see it, year is almost over, dont waste the eligibilty this late.

I could see them putting Beck in there for some non-essential mop-up duty and wasting the redshirt, unfortunately :wacko:

I think it's pretty certain that he only goes in if Taylor goes down. And down for weeks, not plays

Posted on yahoo sports, from LJS, that Harrison Beck is the 2nd stringer now. 

Was I just in the dark on this or is this new?

This is a good thing...right? :blink:

Means he's next in line, second only to Taylor?

I don't think it's such a good thing. Let the guy redshirt, the season's half over anyway and he'll get an extra year to improve.

We need to get Beck on the field. We really have no backup. We don't need to redshirt him. There is no reason to. He may be talented but we are going to be deep in quality QB's for as long as Callahan is our coach.

The way Taylor keeps getting hit sooner or later he will get knocked out of a game. When that happens it's better to have someone who can fill in for him rather than step in and start making rookie mistakes that could cost us games and a potential bowl appearance.

i agree but the way it has been going our offensive line wont allow any stability so just maybe a few snaps throughout the season to just get some experience will help... maybe if they stopped gettin behind early in the game, they can put away some of these teams in the bottom part of the schedule in the first half and then beck can come in and show us what he's got

I believe Beck has been #2 for some time.

A guy I work with is a friend of Beck's, and before the ISU game, supposedly, Cally pulled Beck into his office and told him that if Taylor was struggling that he(Beck) would go into the game in the second half.

As we all know, Taylor did phenomanaly well, compared to his previous performances, in the ISU game. Therefore, no Beck.

Of course this is just what Beck told my co-worker, so for all I know maybe Beck was just telling him that because he liked the thought of playing or something.