Football bigger than the School

I remember a lot of comments about the way our schools administration handled Bo Pelini's sideline behaviors. Perlman's comments that the behavior was "unfortunate" and said it did not represent the university or the football program well was meet with criticism about handling things like this in house, the little man should know his place, him talking made the situation worse, etc

Now I know this does not compare to the sad situation in Penn State but I think our administration has taken a hard stance on the perception of the program and dealing with issues ASAP.

Even in last April when Pelini got his raise he referenced Pelini's behavior. Perlman said the following:

“I think he's done a superb job with the football program,” Perlman said. “He and I had a disagreement about one circumstance (Pelini's behavior at A&M), but I think we understand each other and I'm very supportive of what he has been able to do across a whole range of issues. Not just wins and losses ... his student-athletes graduating, the number of off-the-field incidents with his student-athletes have gone down considerably, and I think one can visibly see that the relationship he has with his student-athletes is a very positive and constructive one.

“I'm very content. I think this increase is deserved. I think he has great potential.”

(I know there are rumors about why Frank and Marvin were let go beside just football and things like this just make me wonder.)

Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, USC, Michigan......etc.

They are all the same when it comes to football. Maybe not with NCAA allegations but when it comes to the football program being bigger than the school. The football team and university might be bigger than current players and coaches. Everyone can be replaced.