Rep. Joe Walsh yells at his constituents

Woah, the balls on this guy. I wonder how he would have made him leave the bar/restaurant... Luckily the constituents he was talking too were calm. I wonder if they are supporters of his. You'd almost have to think so considering how well they take their brow beating. It seems this is the Pubs answer to Anthony Weiner. However I think AW only showed his XXXX to constituents instead of being a XXXX to them....

WALSH: Quiet for a minute! Quiet for a minute!

CONSTITUENT: Joe, what did I say–

WALSH: Quiet for a minute or I’m going to ask you to leave. You need to listen, or I’m going to ask you to leave.

I read his excuse for his behavior is he was ""working on an empty stomach." :D

Sure seems like an ass, but I am curious what lead up to this. I'm sure this discussion started well before the clip.

Business responds to the government policies......or does business write government policy (lobbyist).

Well not a single person besides JP even slightly raises their voice....and considering he's the professional...

Sure seems like an ass, but I am curious what lead up to this. I'm sure this discussion started well before the clip.

Business responds to the government policies......or does business write government policy (lobbyist).

Well not a single person besides JP even slightly raises their voice....and considering he's the professional...

Right there is the rub he is a professional. We shouldn't have professional politicians!! The intent of the founding fathers was for citizens to GIVE fours years (or six) of their lives to the country and then go back to their original profession. Many politicians see the job as a lifetime gig and stick the taxpayer with more and more frills as their power grows with each election. That is why I think a major fix to this country would be to have term limits. Many people saw the dangers of one person staying in the white house for an extended period of time. Well, the same thing could be said for congress!!

One of the best results of term limits would be the limited influence lobbyists would have over the congress. They couldn't cozy up to a politician they knew was going to win because he had been there for twenty years. :restore2

Right there is the rub he is a professional. We shouldn't have professional politicians!! The intent of the founding fathers was for citizens to GIVE fours years (or six) of their lives to the country and then go back to their original profession. Many politicians see the job as a lifetime gig and stick the taxpayer with more and more frills as their power grows with each election. That is why I think a major fix to this country would be to have term limits. Many people saw the dangers of one person staying in the white house for an extended period of time. Well, the same thing could be said for congress!!

One of the best results of term limits would be the limited influence lobbyists would have over the congress. They couldn't cozy up to a politician they knew was going to win because he had been there for twenty years. :restore2

Yeah . . . none of the founding fathers were career politicians. :sarcasm

I love the broad "well the founders wanted this" arguments that are completely unsupported by history and reality.

And I would wholeheartedly disagree with your last paragraph. One of the most powerful weapons utilized by lobbyists is to guarantee a politician a cushy job when he leaves office. How much more powerful is that weapon when the politician MUST retire on a certain date?

I love the broad "well the founders wanted this" arguments that are completely unsupported by history and reality.

And I would wholeheartedly disagree with your last paragraph. One of the most powerful weapons utilized by lobbyists is to guarantee a politician a cushy job when he leaves office. How much more powerful is that weapon when the politician MUST retire on a certain date?

That's a fact boys and girls.

I will take fours years and guarenteed a job as opposed to someone who lives there and gets all kinds of perks from a lobbyist. I will take that risk over a career ploitician who gets a golden parachute when he leaves office. :ahhhhhhhh

That's a fact boys and girls.

Yeah it is a fact just because you say so, you don't have to prove anything now do you!!?!?! :dis

Who was?

Well, what exactly did they say about going to congress and serving, and please support it by history and reality please?

Ok so no matter when he leaves he is guarenteed a job. Well then, the sooner they are gone the better!! :nutz

What?

I will take fours years and guarenteed a job as opposed to someone who lives there and gets all kinds of perks from a lobbyist. I will take that risk over a career ploitician who gets a golden parachute when he leaves office. :ahhhhhhhh

Agreed. That's the only way i see to reduce this sort of corruption.

Ok so no matter when he leaves he is guarenteed a job. Well then, the sooner they are gone the better!!

Bad politicians are a dime a dozen.

It's best to keep the corporate whores out by enacting campaign finance reform, so they can't buy their way into office.

Ok so no matter when he leaves he is guarenteed a job. Well then, the sooner they are gone the better!!

Bad politicians are a dime a dozen.

It's best to keep the corporate whores out by enacting campaign finance reform, so they can't buy their way into office.

I am for campaign finance reform but I also believe that most of the corruption comes when politicians are in office way too long!! :wasted