possible def. backfield - 2006

dedhoarse Hello, UN's future with their def backfield looks good in its potential of gathering stars:

UN currently has grixby (former ***** hs db), & bowman (former ***** jc db) in its d. backfield, along with l. jackson (former **** rb/s).

plus, UN has a verbel from jones *****, #2 db (rivals), 6', 192, 4.4.

wallace ****, #4 db (rivals) 6'1, 195, 4.4, who is coming this week - friends w/ harvey (UN rs te), & walton (hs **** ot, who is coming with him). Plus, wallace knows UN well, since he camped at UN the last two summers - so UN has a reasonable chance to get his services.

davis ****, #8 s (rivals) has UN high (but has said he will take visits to va, vt, & nc st to compare UN visit to), & mouton ****, #3 s (rivals) has UN med. has visit UN & mich, & thenarse **** #12 ath has UN high - has only visited UN - anyone of these 4 guys if they verbel could start, which could give UN:

3 ***** at cb & 4 **** (if davis, mouton, & thenarse all commit).

Of course, along w/ shanle, green, wilson, & c leflore, who were all ** (& brothers if he stays ***).

dedhoarse Hello, as stated above I am wrong, alas...because grixby was a **** , & ginn (osu) was the only ***** db in 2004 - grixby was rated #4 scout & #5 rivals at the position of db.

the correction would change UN's db rotation to 2 ***** & 5 **** (if UN gets the s that they are after of course), which is still the top rated def backfield in the nation in regards to *'s & over all position ranking...I have searched & have yet to find a college that has/had higher ranked prayers & prospects in the position of db/s, which is amazing or could be...& I know that grixby, bowman & jackson (who has really yet to play outside of spec. teams) have not been or played like their former national ranking this year, yet I am excited that next year will be their blossoming (it has to be right?) - along with a tremendous rotation of stud db/s players - in jones (& one or two of the hs **** s).

- Plus, the fact that a # of UN's opponents will have a new qb to run their system next year - usc, co, mo, a&m, & tx (young will go pro).

The prospect of the future is truly bright in this department, so watch out next year it could (should) be game over in the passing dept - man, woman & child:

grixby #5 hs db '03-'04

bowman #1 jc db '04-'05

jones #1 jc db '05-'06 (#2 overall)

jackson #4 ath '04-'05

& possibly

davis #8 s '05-'06

wallace #4 cb

thenarse #12 ath

mouton #3 s

dedhoarse Hello, yes I know, & knew before I posted this that ***'s do not always reflect the true potential or character of any student/athlete - but with the ***'s I was try to show how UN has been able to recruit the best at a certain position - which is a reflection more so on the UN coachs' ability to target top rated db, s, & ath. in the country, & have them commit more so than a comparison of former players (of a yr ago - such as j bullocks & washington, who happened to be great in their areas in 2003).

Also, I know that some recruits have not lived up to their billing (which is something that I wrote above), yet I hope that they do blossom into their projected potential - hopefully next yr, especially since they will have more experience under their belts.

Plus, any comparison b/w solich's players & cally's is simply silly, since it was solich's inability to target & commit top talent that help him exit as coach of UN - & that also seems to be the main reason that UN has fallen to mediocrity.