Dodgers' GM DePodesta gets the axe

DJR313

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2207524

This guy should never get another job in baseball ever. He should be doing financials for Arthur Andersen or something. What a complete joke. In 04 he blew up a team that was in first place in their division comfortable, then they barely make the playoffs and do jack against the Cards. In the offseason, what does he do, makes some of the worst free agent moves in the history of the league. Seriously, who gives JD Drew $30+ million when he has played 1 injury free season. And Derek Lowe? Inconsistency to the max. Jose Valentin? DePodesta was thought of as a boy genius for GM's like Epstein in Boston, but how does getting rid of the heart and soul of the team and making crappy free agent acquisitions show that you know anything about baseball? Good riddance to this Ivy League boner.

• 3 weeks later...
Tracey know DePodesta. Hoepfully J.D Drew, Lowe, and everyone else on the team but Gagne aren't far behind. I guess Kent can stick around.

On a side note the Yankees SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yeah

I hate that fu&*#r so much. In the short span of two years the McCourts and DePodesta have done thier best to undo one of the more famous names in sports history. It seriously sucked to watch the DOdgers last year. For once in his life, Vin had an excuse to babble, it beat watching the Grabowski's, Duaner's and dickheads kick the baseball around. I wonder when they fired DePodesta they found naked pictures of Hee Seop Choi on his hard drive.