UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem

GSG

Here's the weigh-in/preview video:

Here's the official fight card:

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Preliminary card (televised)

Main card

Maybe we can start the pick 'ems back up after the bowl season?

• Fire 1

i think cerrone/diaz could become a GREAT fight....that being said, i hope they knock each other out

Agreed. That's my pick for Fight of the Night. Their staredowns at the media day and weigh-ins were pretty intense.

I know a lot people on here don't like Brock, but I'm really hoping he smothers Overeem. Overeem just has that smug European attitude that I can't stand lol

Hey guys, go check out this new site that is launching for this next UFC fight. You can bring in your friends to pick the outcomes of each fight, and whoever gets the most correct wins money and gift cards to amazon and stuff. It's pretty awesome.

Offerpools.com

Do you think that's something we could use for our usual pick 'ems? Something that will make it easier to keep scores and whatnot?

Hey guys, go check out this new site that is launching for this next UFC fight. You can bring in your friends to pick the outcomes of each fight, and whoever gets the most correct wins money and gift cards to amazon and stuff. It's pretty awesome.

Offerpools.com

Do you think that's something we could use for our usual pick 'ems? Something that will make it easier to keep scores and whatnot?

Yeah we should have a huskerboard Pool or whatever. I guess you can track the points you earn as the fight goes on so you can see how well you are doing vs. the other people in your pool.

i think cerrone/diaz could become a GREAT fight....that being said, i hope they knock each other out

Agreed. That's my pick for Fight of the Night. Their staredowns at the media day and weigh-ins were pretty intense.

I know a lot people on here don't like Brock, but I'm really hoping he smothers Overeem. Overeem just has that smug European attitude that I can't stand lol

Yeah, I HATE Lesnar, but I can't seem to find myself liking Overeem either. Why can't Brock be fighting Dos Santos or Carwin again. Very easy to like those guys.

Yeah, I HATE Lesnar, but I can't seem to find myself liking Overeem either. Why can't Brock be fighting Dos Santos or Carwin again. Very easy to like those guys.

:lol: I can't stand Shane Carwin. He's a douche. "I'm an engineer and I don't need to train" blah blah blah

Dos Santos seems like a good dude though.

I don't know how it works, but I'm ok with Nick Diaz but I can't stand Nate. Maybe it's just because I think Nick is a MUCH better fighter, so he has more of a reason to be cocky.

:lol: I can't stand Shane Carwin. He's a douche. "I'm an engineer and I don't need to train" blah blah blah

I don't know how it works, but I'm ok with Nick Diaz but I can't stand Nate. Maybe it's just because I think Nick is a MUCH better fighter, so he has more of a reason to be cocky.

I'm pretty sure Carwin never said that...

He has a full time job and isn't able to train full time like other fighters, but he doesn't brag about it.

I'm pretty sure Carwin never said that...

He has a full time job and isn't able to train full time like other fighters, but he doesn't brag about it.

No, he does. Leading up to his fight with Brock he went on and on about how he's so good that he can train and keep a full time job and how he's smarter because he's an engineer. He's just as full of himself as Brock is, he just goes about it differently. Plus he's from Colorado, so that's an automatic check mark against him :)

Also, Shane quit his job at the same time he started losing. It was easy to knock out scrubs, so he didn't have to train a lot. But then he got "beat" by Brock and JDS and quit his job and now he's having health issues. He was supposed to be on this card. But he won't be back till mid-2012.

He really only had 2 good wins anyway (Mir and Gonzaga).

I think Lesnar will smother Overeem....He would be stupid to stand up with him, so I am betting it gets to the ground and Overeems face looks a lot like Frank Mirs did after UFC 100

I think this fight will go much like Carwin/Lesnar round 1 and Velasquez/Lesnar. Lesnar is not a good striker and will get knocked down pretty quickly. That is my prediction.