Pulled BBQ'd Mermaid

Pulled BBQ'd Mermaid

Woke up this morning with another hankerin' for fish..

(I Must need a local girlfriend).

Found a gigantic (4 lb. 2.5 oz) can of Tuna in the pantry next to my 50 year supply of Guaranna Seed powder and noticed the "best used by" date was only two Christmas's ago, so I decided to deep fat fry it to kill any super bacteria that made it past the mercury that's probably present in all seafood nowdays..

Next time I'll probably just cook it in a pan with a cup of oil, but I already had the new frier out and didn't want to throw out the sesame seed oil i'd used last week? on tater fries and cheese frenchies just yet.

I cooked about a pound at a time putting an opened cardboard box on the countertop and up the back side of the wall in front of the fancy cloth window shade to help shield it from oil spills because I can't seem to find any waterfowl around here to soak it all up.

Cooked/splattered for a couple of minutes until it seemed to quiet down a little..Placed an empty Peanut Butter Crunch cereal box on top of the frier to aid in my quest to remain unburned.

Drained for about 20 min, between TV timeouts of the Bowl Game I was halfway watching and then dumped it in a tefflon coated saucepan and added about a cup of Cattlemans? (Heinz Smokey BBQ Sauce) per pound of Tuna..Cooked on high to warm it up as I stirred together ~45 seconds..Then spatchula'd onto hamburger buns.

Some parts were a little crispy from over frying, which added to the experience I thought..Just like my ex's when she accidently included some of the crispy pork skins? to hers..

I couldn't tell it wasn't pork. and I'll probably still have a hankerin' for Fish tomorrow, but depending on what weight of oil you use (fats more unsaturated the better). might be a more better healthy alternative to a family favourite.

• 2 weeks later...

I was totally surprised as well.

But I couldn't tell it wasn't BBQ'd pork.

(Now I gotta try BBQ Shrimp.)

Last time I was at the store I bought 5 or 6 cans that were missing labels...

Every day has been like Christmas..not knowing what I was making until I opened the can..

Still trying to figure out what I had tonight.

It came in a short can and had a very slight fishy flavor..and resembled cooked Cauliflower or tofu..I was too scared to eat it by itself so I opened another can that turned out to be stewed tomatos and added chicken/ramen noodles..It was good enough that I'd like to try it out again on my Son, but no clue what the white stuff was..Too soft to be squid.