S/ATH Justin Bridges-Thompson

This kid seems like an interesting prospect from So. Carolina and has a Husker connection. I suspect he may get an offer.

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 2, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

JUSTIN BRIDGES-THOMPSON, ATH, 6-1, 180, 4.6, SPARTANBURG, SOUTH CAROLINA

Justin has offers from Arizona, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest and Hampton

No Leaders Yet

“They are all my leaders – all are big leaders. I like Alabama also. I go to junior day’s this Saturday at South Carolina hopefully I’ll get an offer. I go to junior days March the 3 rd at Clemson. Fly out to Oregon in a month.” Thompson said

“I’m going to Alabama this summer and Pittsburgh. I’m going to Nebraska’s junior days later on. I’m moving big, I’m going to be busy.”

Husker Influence

“Nebraska hasn’t offered yet but I’m receiving a lot of mail from them. They (NU) like my size big at linebacker. They watched my films I stuck out towards them. They like me at linebacker but I play safety too, I’m versatile.” Thompson said

“You know Nebraska is pretty good, actually my defensive back coach is from Sumter, Kareem Moss, he played defensive back at Nebraska. He was telling me about all the tradition and stuff. I’ve been on the internet looking at a couple of things, I like Nebraska.” Thompson said

“It really doesn’t matter to me how close to home,” asked if distance was a factor, “I’m just trying to do everything I can to where I can fit in.”

Busy Spring Visits

“Pittsburgh was one of my first offers. I had an offer from Pittsburgh at the end of last year as a tenth grader. I’m just going to Pittsburgh look at the facilities, look at the football program.” Thompson said

“I like Wake Forest I went there last summer to a camp and did really good. I just love the atmosphere there they have a lot going on. I like the coaches at Wake Forest.” he said

“I went to North Carolina State junior days Coach Tom O’Brien and linebacker coach (Jon Tenuta) liked my film. Coach Jim Bridge came to my high school last week and told me I have a full ride.” Thompson said

Multi Position Player

“I’m very versatile I’m on one of these players play linebacker if somebody goes down, if somebody goes down at free safety I can play safety, if somebody goes down at corner I can play corner, if somebody goes down at defensive end I can play there. In high school I can play all of that. On my film it shows all of that. They like me as an athlete.” Thompson said

“I’m going to make my decision where I can fit in, play early. Go some where’s to be happy for four years - a college life.”

Rivals Profile

Scout Profile

This kid seems like an interesting prospect from So. Carolina and has a Husker connection. I suspect he may get an offer.

From Husker Journal:

FEBRUARY 2, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

JUSTIN BRIDGES-THOMPSON, ATH, 6-1, 180, 4.6, SPARTANBURG, SOUTH CAROLINA

Justin has offers from Arizona, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest and Hampton

No Leaders Yet

“They are all my leaders – all are big leaders. I like Alabama also. I go to junior day’s this Saturday at South Carolina hopefully I’ll get an offer. I go to junior days March the 3 rd at Clemson. Fly out to Oregon in a month.” Thompson said

“I’m going to Alabama this summer and Pittsburgh. I’m going to Nebraska’s junior days later on. I’m moving big, I’m going to be busy.”

Husker Influence

“Nebraska hasn’t offered yet but I’m receiving a lot of mail from them. They (NU) like my size big at linebacker. They watched my films I stuck out towards them. They like me at linebacker but I play safety too, I’m versatile.” Thompson said

“You know Nebraska is pretty good, actually my defensive back coach is from Sumter, Kareem Moss, he played defensive back at Nebraska. He was telling me about all the tradition and stuff. I’ve been on the internet looking at a couple of things, I like Nebraska.” Thompson said

“It really doesn’t matter to me how close to home,” asked if distance was a factor, “I’m just trying to do everything I can to where I can fit in.”

Busy Spring Visits

“Pittsburgh was one of my first offers. I had an offer from Pittsburgh at the end of last year as a tenth grader. I’m just going to Pittsburgh look at the facilities, look at the football program.” Thompson said

“I like Wake Forest I went there last summer to a camp and did really good. I just love the atmosphere there they have a lot going on. I like the coaches at Wake Forest.” he said

“I went to North Carolina State junior days Coach Tom O’Brien and linebacker coach (Jon Tenuta) liked my film. Coach Jim Bridge came to my high school last week and told me I have a full ride.” Thompson said

Multi Position Player

“I’m very versatile I’m on one of these players play linebacker if somebody goes down, if somebody goes down at free safety I can play safety, if somebody goes down at corner I can play corner, if somebody goes down at defensive end I can play there. In high school I can play all of that. On my film it shows all of that. They like me as an athlete.” Thompson said

“I’m going to make my decision where I can fit in, play early. Go some where’s to be happy for four years - a college life.”

Rivals Profile

Scout Profile

180 pounds and we like him at linebacker? I'm guessing he is actually bigger than stated or, at the very least, has a body type perched to grow. Hope Moss gets him to take a serious look at us.