Kimber guns.

hskerholic

I am thinking of getting a Kimber Pro Carry ii. From what i am reading is that Kimber makes some great 1911's and i have held this particular gun and it felt good in my hands. do you guys have any info on kimber guns or maybe suggest another form of 1911. Ruger is coming out with the SR-1911 but its a needle in a haystack right now to find one. any help would be great!

Just how much you want to spend? Any of the name brands are pretty darn good. I have a TRP Operator that shoots great(I don't). I have friends that love Kimber, Baer, Wilson or Sig. Non 1911 like Glock, Ruger, Sig and others are good choices also. If you are going to "carry" a full size 1911 can be quite bulky. The Kimber Solo, Ruger and Beretta 9mm's are much smaller and the newer defense ammo makes them excellent choices. Practice with the gun of choice is much more important than the gun; other than function. The gun has to work and function flawlessly or ???. Wheel guns are a great choice also depending on what you want. I have a S&W R8 357 that shoots fantastic too.

I have heard that years ago 10+ that Kimber kinda sucked but from what I've heard that has changed. Polymer guns shoot differently from steel/aluminum guns so you have to judge that from a personal viewpoint. BRI is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to what he'd use to protect himself and others and has much more info about guns than I do. You could PM him and get his opinion.

Good Luck and have fun; be safe

Rawhide

A LEO friend of mine carries a Sig .380 looks like a mini 1911 and loves it. The LCP seems like a better pocket protector though, easier anyway. My son carries a S&W airweight .38 and loves it. Plus it's easier to qualify with than other calibers.

The LCP has an attractive price range vs. other brands with small frames i.e. Kahr, Beretta,

All in all I think Ruger makes some great hand guns and long guns too; for the price. And some of their long gun models are left hand friendly :D yeah baby

Ceptin' I shoot pistols right handed and rifles/shotguns lefty idk weird

• 3 weeks later...

(Not really related, but I'm looking at getting an LCP for concealed carry. They are so damn tiny!)

I've been wanting to buy one for quite some time. Went and looked at one at Scheels yesterday and it felt like the thing was going to fall apart in my hand. I dunno, not a lot to them. Cuter than a button, though.