Mediocrity

Splitting the series with Top 20 team Cal isn't bad at all. Yes, it's not a sweep or a 3-1 win, but it does show steady improvement against a team that was in the CWS last year and is in the mix for it again this year. Last year's team wouldn't have come back from seven down to tie/force a game into extra innings, that's for sure.

And we're on the cusp of being ranked, which would make for two ranked B1G baseball teams (the other being Purdue) this season, and we could possibly see a third Top 25 team. Not too shabby, considering the B1G's baseball history.

No offense, but we are not 'on the cusp' of being ranked... hell, a poll that goes to 50 doesn't even have us there....

I wonder if the team's play in 2011 has anything to do with that?

Splitting the series with Top 20 team Cal isn't bad at all. Yes, it's not a sweep or a 3-1 win, but it does show steady improvement against a team that was in the CWS last year and is in the mix for it again this year. Last year's team wouldn't have come back from seven down to tie/force a game into extra innings, that's for sure.

And we're on the cusp of being ranked, which would make for two ranked B1G baseball teams (the other being Purdue) this season, and we could possibly see a third Top 25 team. Not too shabby, considering the B1G's baseball history.

No offense, but we are not 'on the cusp' of being ranked... hell, a poll that goes to 50 doesn't even have us there....

I wonder if the team's play in 2011 has anything to do with that?

More has to do with getting swept the opening weekend.

I guess it all depends what you call mediocre. If you base it off of past history then yes the football programs is mediocre in its current state. The baseball program could probably be considered that as well. The basketball program has never been very good, even at its best. The wrestling progam is currently 8th in the nation, I don't see that as being mediocre. The men's gymnastics team is 9th nationally. The men's indoor track and field is 19th in the nation and was right there (if they caught a couple breaks) to win the Big Ten indoor title.

So I think your assessment of the men's programs is not very good. The football program is better now than several years ago. The baseball program is going through some changes and is too early to assess accurately. The basketball program is the only program that needs some major work, in my opinion. The other programs seem to be competing at a very high level.

• Fire 1

I know how disappointed I am in the current husker athletic program. At best and IMO at the "very" best, the husker program is nothing more then mediocre. It seems we aren't competitive in "any" male sport and for sure none of the revenue sports. The husker's men's programs have become the laughing stock of the BIG.

Football program is extremely overrated.

Basketball program is the worst in the BIG and bottom half of Div 1

Baseball program was just swept by a team that showed what it means to compete.

Wrestling program was swept in the dual comps against the top BIG programs

and the other programs I'll admit I haven't the heart to even look.

I find myself wondering when, if ever again, will a men's husker program show us the courage and determination to win a contest against competition equal to us. Yea, we won a couple football games against equal competition but 2 wins in the football program don't go very far at overcoming this losing disease that has seemingly infested the men's programs. The display of competitive desire in our men has left a very sour disposition inside me. I've reached a point where I am losing interest fast. Very fast.. I think I'll grab my clubs or my fishing poles and return to enjoying other sporting events where my heart isn't taxed with high emotion and huge disappointment. The display of the baseball team getting swept this weekend was disgusting. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! What a way for the Silva Era to start. Yea!!!

:ahhhhhhhh

I know how disappointed I am in the current husker athletic program. At best and IMO at the "very" best, the husker program is nothing more then mediocre. It seems we aren't competitive in "any" male sport and for sure none of the revenue sports. The husker's men's programs have become the laughing stock of the BIG.

Football program is extremely overrated.

Basketball program is the worst in the BIG and bottom half of Div 1

Baseball program was just swept by a team that showed what it means to compete.

Wrestling program was swept in the dual comps against the top BIG programs

and the other programs I'll admit I haven't the heart to even look.

I find myself wondering when, if ever again, will a men's husker program show us the courage and determination to win a contest against competition equal to us. Yea, we won a couple football games against equal competition but 2 wins in the football program don't go very far at overcoming this losing disease that has seemingly infested the men's programs. The display of competitive desire in our men has left a very sour disposition inside me. I've reached a point where I am losing interest fast. Very fast.. I think I'll grab my clubs or my fishing poles and return to enjoying other sporting events where my heart isn't taxed with high emotion and huge disappointment. The display of the baseball team getting swept this weekend was disgusting. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! What a way for the Silva Era to start. Yea!!!

I just reread this and all I can think is that you should become a fan of little girls soccer after all the soccer mom's make sure each and every little girl gets a trophy. How pathetic just like your silly post.

T_O_B

G>B>R