Expectations for 17-game home stretch at Hawks Field?

• 2 weeks later...

so far 5-2 on this home stand. I think we should go 6-4 or better. Other than 1 game against Cal and a Midweek against UNK (where many young guys played) the offense has been putting up pretty good numbers. They have been a bit better with not leaving guys on base. If that continues to improve there is a realistic chance of going 8-2

9-3. I know the competition hasn't been real great, but this stretch has gone better than I expected. I really thought they'd get 10 or 11, lucky to get 12 simply because of how bad this team was last year and this being the first year of the new staff. They will most likely have 10 after tomorrow and in they remaining 4 games they should be able to get at least 2 wins, and could certainly get 3. 12-13 W's in this stretch would be great, and it appears would meet or exceed most people's expectations.

k state is playing very well... beating them at least 1 more time this year is going to be a must to boost this teams rpi. because frankly, its not going to get much better than it is once conference starts

Wonder how hard it'd be to schedule a future series with Arkansas and Texas A&M since both teams have former Husker coaches leading them?

k state is playing very well... beating them at least 1 more time this year is going to be a must to boost this teams rpi. because frankly, its not going to get much better than it is once conference starts

Wonder how hard it'd be to schedule a future series with Arkansas and Texas A&M since both teams have former Husker coaches leading them?

I think both childress and van horn enjoyed the last times they came here. I think gettting a home and home regular series with them would work out. I dont think it would be that hard. and 2 SEC schools would def boost the rpi. I even think they would be willing to schedule out for more than a couple years. The only issue would be that we wouldnt help their rpi that much. BUT they dont need help from the conference they are in

On pace for 13-4 at this point. Need to win out the next 4. Not sure we can hit that mark, but 2-2 is realistic at this point. Forward progress is all I'm expecting. I just want to see our guys making progress deep into the season.

If Purdue, Michigan State and Illinois continue winning that will help. Also, playing Creighton (if they can win the Mo Valley) helps. CS Bakersfield is down this year and Wichita State is barely above 500, they need to pick it up. The potential is there for our rpi to improve but... we need teams to win.

California

Zaga

K State

Creighton and/or WSU

all of these teams can potentially see post season play. Purdue and Illinois are also possible post season teams. Guess time will tell, yes?

12 - 5

I'm looking for 12-5, 11-6 is about as bad as we can go and hope to actually make some noise this season.

I see them splitting Cal and K St. and dropping one to each La Tech and Illinois.

That would put them at 12-5 for the homestretch. I would be happy with that.

12 - 5 or 13-4

I'll hope for 12-5, more likely 10-7 or 11-6. This team is improving, but they have plenty of bumps left ahead of them I believe.

And nothing will keep me from being there tomorrow.

+1 to you guys.

12-5 it is. :thumbs

As Erstad said in the post-game tonight: "Now the real test begins. Can this team remember how to win on the road?" Hopefully this team can establish a "road warrior" mentality.