Dear Lincoln Occupiers......

Since the Rush "slut"gate seemed to pass over HB with little comment, I just want to throw this out... I love the people on the left crying about Rush, and how dare he do that (I actually agree, the comment was uncalled for)... Although once someone brings up the Palin c*&t comment by Bill Maher, along with comments from Chris Matthews, and Olbermann, they respond with "Well Palin (Clinton etc) is a public figure, so that opens them up to those kind of comments". Really? Abusive language against women is just that abusive, being a public figure means nothing, and to follow this a little further, I want you to defend someone that way if they call Obama the N-word... Yeah didnt think so... Maybe this should of been in the thread of hate ohwell....

Since the Rush "slut"gate seemed to pass over HB with little comment, I just want to throw this out... I love the people on the left crying about Rush, and how dare he do that (I actually agree, the comment was uncalled for)... Although once someone brings up the Palin c*&t comment by Bill Maher, along with comments from Chris Matthews, and Olbermann, they respond with "Well Palin (Clinton etc) is a public figure, so that opens them up to those kind of comments". Really? Abusive language against women is just that abusive, being a public figure means nothing, and to follow this a little further, I want you to defend someone that way if they call Obama the N-word... Yeah didnt think so... Maybe this should of been in the thread of hate ohwell....

Who is saying these things?

Who is saying these things?

Ahh... Should of been more clear... Comments currently on the LJS site linked above, here is one I found quickly "Sarah Palin who was running for VICE PRESIDENT and makes herself available and puts herself out there for criticism.", also some of my Liberal friends have made similar comments...

also this

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/06/1071551/-The-difference-between-Rush-Limbaugh-and-Bill-Maher-

To be fair in the end he backs off his original post, a little..

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-burton-calls-bill-maher-comments-vulgar-and-inappropriate-but-not-same-as-rush-limbaughs/

Defending Bill by saying he is comedian so it not that bad, while Rush is the "De facto" leader of the Republicans...

I agree that this language should be condemned no matter who says it.

Has any other prominent media figure on EITHER side ever had such a prolonged personal attack on a private citizen? This wasn't calling someone a c#nt once, or a sl#t once. This was a three day tirade that was full of blatant falsehoods and personal attacks.

Rush only apologized for his word choice. He didn't apologize for lying about Fluke's testimony. He didn't apologize for saying that she is having sex with so many anonymous people. He didn't apologize for demanding that she provide him with a sex tape. He didn't apologize for lying about taxpayers being responsible for Fluke's contraception. Etc.

Regardless, this sort of thing is bullsh#t. Maher, Matthews, Limbaugh, etc. I don't care. It's unacceptable.

• Fire 1