Fantasy Baseball Anybody?

So I decided to take another whack at fantasy baseball. Tried it a couple years ago, enjoyed the draft (even though I probably did terribly), but subsequently lost interest after the first time I adjusted my rosters.

I've recently entered 3 different ESPN free leagues, just to get a feel for each of the different scoring styles-- joined a Roto, H2H Points, and H2H Each Category scoring league.

I did those to familiarize myself with the draft format a little bit and know what to expect, as I'm going to be starting a league with my buddy from High School soon. Any takers, Huskerboard? It will be a serious free league (hopefully), and I don't plan to lose interest this year. Perhaps if we do well this year we up the ante to some type of pot next year?

I figured I might as well do SOMETHING to give baseball season a little relevancy. After all, I am a Mets fan...

feelsbad.jpg

A typical 5x5 roto league refers to five hitting categories and five pitching categories and the points are gained by your ranking in each category. If there are 10 teams then it is 10 possible points. 12 teams, 12 possible and so forth. I have played in a 12 team 5x5 for years and the top point total a team could get is 120 if they swept all the categories.

I won my roto league last year and was only 5 points short of the maximum possible lol. Utter domination. Hopefully this year goes well too. Roto is definitely the best format from my experience. Its a ton of fun, I find that I follow my fantasy team more than I do baseball itself