Bear Grylls doesn't survive contract negotiations

"Man vs. Wild" star Bear Grylls fired by TV network

Reuters.com LOS ANGELES | Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42am EDT

(Reuters) - Bear Grylls, the British adventurer and star of survival show "Man vs. Wild", has been fired by U.S. cable television network Discovery Channel in a contract dispute.

Grylls, 37, who was dropped into hostile places to survive by eating insects, wading rapids and drinking his urine, has hosted the TV show since 2006, becoming a celebrity around the world. But Discovery Channel said on Tuesday that "due to a continuing contractual dispute with Bear Grylls, Discovery has terminated all current productions with him."

LINK

He survived the Sahara Desert by drinking his own urine. But doesn't survive contract negotiations with the network lawyers.

From what I understand, his contract included appearances at places/events and he didn't want to do those appearances. I don't know if the issue was related to his personal beliefs or politics or what, but that's why he's out.

I would imagine he'll get picked up by another network. That was a pretty popular show.

Yeah. But even though I don't know the details of the dispute, I'll bet money was a sticking point too. It always is.

We'll see Bear again. On another network. Drinking urine to survive.