UNO basketball and the new Ralston arena

Thought some on here might be interested in this article and the UNO Mavs b-ball team moving into the new arena in Ralston. Sounds like their coach is trying to get his bang for the buck out of the new arena being built and recruiting. Was pretty amazed by the fact that season tickets have been on sale for maybe ten days, and they already have 800 season tickets sold for their games. Good base to build on. Be nice to have three decent quality DI basketball teams in the state.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120409/MAVS/704099892/1001#designed-for-hoop-dreams

I agree, OH, I think it's very exciting. i think this will be much better for the Mavs than the Civic would have been. I think the atmosphere will be much more intimate for the fans and the players, as well. And it will definitely be one of the best facilities in the Summit League. I'm going to try and make it to Omaha to go to at least one game next year to see the team and to see the arena.