If a Christian commits suicide, does he/she make it to heaven?

BTW- For somebody who is not going to "waste time" on any of the world's improbable religions, you sure do spend a lot of time responding on message boards about religous issues. Seems to me the more logical choice would be to ignore these discussions entirely. If I felt there really was no difference between Heaven's Gate and say Christianity, I wouldn't waste my time on any of it.

Then you can appreciate how I feel about religion in general.

Frankly, I'd be happy to never even think of Christian mythology except for one thing: we live in the most religious country in the developed world. Here, the religion of the majority has a way of injecting itself into everyone's life, religious or not, in the form of public policy decisions made by religious zealots. I don't spend much time worrying about Hindus, Muslims or Buddhists because their ridiculous beliefs don't often affect my existence. Here, faith is assumed, and disbelievers are relatively rare. I'm not out to deconvert you or anyone else from the faith you've chosen for yourself. I just think it's important for those on my side of the faith divide to speak up to try to make sure that typically insular, bubble-dwelling Christians of the world know there are other view points out there that don't automatically agree with the Christian perspective. Besides, like benny said, I think it's healthy to discuss subjects like these with people who hold different opinions - when our assumptions are challenged, we have the opportunity to reexamine our own positions. It's the same reason that I discuss politics with capitalist-loving republicans and democrats that are well to the right of my own political thinking.

• 4 weeks later...