Elephant Look

Hunter94

thanks to both for the info.

is Boatman a good get?  any info on how talented this big guy is???

He is in my opinion. Nebraska is no longer going for the 6-3, 6-4 offensive lineman unless the have major talent in pass blocking. They are going with the huge guys who will bulldoze their way and open up big holes for running backs.

Nebraska is trying to get taller guys in the lineup and use a look they call "The Elephant look" by simply putitng to much meat on the offensive line, it helps open up major holes. NU has been using the Elephant look this year on 3rd and 1 or 2 downs. According to Wagner, NU put over 2500 pounds of offensive lineman meat against Oklahoma and all but once did it not produce a first down.

In my opinion, regardless if he's a 3 star to some people, this guy would fit nicely with 6-6 (and growing) D.J Jones, 6-8 Brock Pasteur, 6-8 Matt Slausson and 6-8 Lydon Murtha.

There's another recruit NU is heavily in on that i forgot to mention from the JUCO ranks and he deserves a thread all to himself.

4 star Offensive lineman Phil Loadholt from Garden City Kansas who is 6-9 and still growing amazingly. He is a 3 for 3 player and is considering a visit to Nebraska in January sometime because he still has a little bit of work to do before he graduates in May. The fact he is a late graduate is one reason schools haven't offered him, but he's being pursued by Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas St, Kansas, and Oklahoma St

Keep an eye out for him

if the elephant look is such a great philosphy, why do we pass on 3rd and 1 at the goal line? sh#t, we don't need more big overweight linemen, we need guys that can move and not get beat by a spin move off the line....seems the Bronocs had one of the best O lines several years back, one of the smallest by weight standards in the NFL.....big is not better, if you can't move! but i suppose you will disagree with that too?

hunter

if the elephant look is such a great philosphy, why do we pass on 3rd and 1 at the goal line? sh#t, we don't need more big overweight linemen, we need guys that can move and not get beat by a spin move off the line....seems the Bronocs had one of the best O lines several years back, one of the smallest by weight standards in the NFL.....big is not better, if you can't move! but i suppose you will disagree with that too?

hunter

Just because you are big doesn't mean you can't have quick feet.

thanks to both for the info.

is Boatman a good get?   any info on how talented this big guy is???

He is in my opinion. Nebraska is no longer going for the 6-3, 6-4 offensive lineman unless the have major talent in pass blocking. They are going with the huge guys who will bulldoze their way and open up big holes for running backs.

Nebraska is trying to get taller guys in the lineup and use a look they call "The Elephant look" by simply putitng to much meat on the offensive line, it helps open up major holes. NU has been using the Elephant look this year on 3rd and 1 or 2 downs. According to Wagner, NU put over 2500 pounds of offensive lineman meat against Oklahoma and all but once did it not produce a first down.

In my opinion, regardless if he's a 3 star to some people, this guy would fit nicely with 6-6 (and growing) D.J Jones, 6-8 Brock Pasteur, 6-8 Matt Slausson and 6-8 Lydon Murtha.

There's another recruit NU is heavily in on that i forgot to mention from the JUCO ranks and he deserves a thread all to himself.

4 star Offensive lineman Phil Loadholt from Garden City Kansas who is 6-9 and still growing amazingly. He is a 3 for 3 player and is considering a visit to Nebraska in January sometime because he still has a little bit of work to do before he graduates in May. The fact he is a late graduate is one reason schools haven't offered him, but he's being pursued by Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas St, Kansas, and Oklahoma St

Keep an eye out for him

hunter

:yeah

When NU had great OLines, the majority of the guys were 285-310, rarely was a guy over 320. They could MOVE. Taylor and Weigert (last 2 NU Outland winners) both played at around 300 lbs, and rarely got beat.

BTW 2500 lbs of Olinemen :wtf By my math, 2500/5=500 lbs per dude :dumdum

Former that is when they run a two tightend set with slauson and another olineman in instead of the tightends!

Thanks texhusker, you responded to him before i could. He just looks for anything to try and start an argument. He simply could have just asked how 2500 is possible on an offensive line, but instead he decided to do his famous :dumdum icon

:rollin

if the elephant look is such a great philosphy, why do we pass on 3rd and 1 at the goal line? sh#t, we don't need more big overweight linemen, we need guys that can move and not get beat by a spin move off the line....seems the Bronocs had one of the best O lines several years back, one of the smallest by weight standards in the NFL.....big is not better, if you can't move!  but i suppose you will disagree with that too?

hunter

That is correct. All the guys i listed run a 5.0 or a 5.1. That's pretty damn good for an offensive lineman. But who cares how fast your 40 time is, it's not like you are running around on the field more. You are mostly blocking.

I would take a 6-9, 360 pound guy who runs a 6.1 forty time if he had superior blocking skills. 40 time for an offensive lineman doesn't mean squat

Former that is when they run a two tightend set with slauson and another olineman in instead of the tightends!

Thanks texhusker, you responded to him before i could. He just looks for anything to try and start an argument. He simply could have just asked how 2500 is possible on an offensive line, but instead he decided to do his famous :dumdum icon

:rollin

No problem bro!

if the elephant look is such a great philosphy, why do we pass on 3rd and 1 at the goal line? sh#t, we don't need more big overweight linemen, we need guys that can move and not get beat by a spin move off the line....seems the Bronocs had one of the best O lines several years back, one of the smallest by weight standards in the NFL.....big is not better, if you can't move!  but i suppose you will disagree with that too?

hunter

That is correct. All the guys i listed run a 5.0 or a 5.1. That's pretty damn good for an offensive lineman. But who cares how fast your 40 time is, it's not like you are running around on the field more. You are mostly blocking.

I would take a 6-9, 360 pound guy who runs a 6.1 forty time if he had superior blocking skills. 40 time for an offensive lineman doesn't mean squat

and which one of our 300 lb. plus offensive linemen would start for ANY TEAM in the top 25? i will help you with that one........zero, none, nada, zilch.......our big guys can't move........that is my only comment, so don't tell me we need some big guys for the O line, we need some big guys who can move and not like a damn elephant! ask Cody Glenn how far he got against KU behind our elephant line!

another philosphy that isn't worth crap!

hunter

and which one of our 300 lb. plus offensive linemen would start for ANY TEAM in the top 25? i will help you with that one........zero, none, nada, zilch.......our big guys can't move........that is my only comment, so don't tell me we need some big guys for the O line, we need some big guys who can move and not like a damn elephant! ask Cody Glenn how far he got against KU behind our elephant line!

another philosphy that isn't worth crap!

Another assumption? I said "Elephant look" on certain plays and you twisted the whole meaning around. Why are you even complaining about the coaching staff if you already know that none of our offensive linemen couldn't start for a top25 team?? You sit there and criticize everything about the coaches, and then you come here and knock on the players, and you expect to be taken serious?

What is this, double standard week for some people?

nope, but WHY try to run "the elephant look" when you got slow goddamn elephants? :wtf ..that is the goddamn stupidity of this coaching staff.....double standard, yes poor players and poor game plan...duh, "we like the plan cause it sounds good, even though we don't have the players to execute it, we are still gonna do it"........cheez what a worthless philosphy! :wacko:

hunter