Countdown to Cally's departure: 14 games

I think most of this year's "improvement" has been an illusion caused by our schedule and the fact that we had winnable games at home.

You're right. Playing the teams we did at home did us no good in preparing for the schedule that lay ahead for the Huskers.

Had we played OU on the road early (or even CU), we may be more "seasoned" by this point in the year than what we are.

I have always noticed (in the past) that teams such as Colorado, KSU, and OU most always improve as the season goes on. Probably because they didn't play a padded schedule either.

huskrz65

how can you say that KSU didnt pad there schedule? who were their non-confrence foes? didnt they have 2 1-AA teams? i dont know, i dont really follow them. but when snyder took over KSU started playing weak non-cons and have been for years.

yes NU plays them also. but Maine did beat SO Miss, Pitt was ranked in the top 25 and went to a BCS bowl last year. yes they were down this year but you cant predict from one year to the next. Wake is div 1, not a good team but still div 1

I've resorted to more happy thoughts - that day when Cally will get the boot and we will at least have the opportunity to restore Nebraska football. I'm conceding that we will make a bowl game this year and next year too, but Cally won't be coaching in next year's bowl.

14 games and counting...

GO BIG RED

Bill Callahan is going nowhere, There are two boosters one is Ken Kendrick "He owns the AZ Diamond Backs" and Bob Knowles " The PRESIDENT of the NEBRASKA TOUCHDOWN CLUB" They back BC 100% and are willing to give him time to build it back up to where we were - They have contributed alot of money and have a lot of influence behind the scenes - So shut the f#*k UP and deal with the staff we have - I'm so sick of everybody whinning - it's going to happen.