President to try to stop using Teleprompter

I might just have to revise my prediction that President Obama is going to win re-election based upon this bit of news. (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/238279-president-switches-off-his-teleprompter) In the past, he has said some pretty "interesting" stuff when he has tried to wing it:

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"I don't know how you say it in Austrian."

"The private sector is doing fine."

"At a certain point, you've made enough money."

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

"I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them."

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

"You didn't build that."

No one can predict how this is going to turn out, but I think it's a good idea. After all, it looks silly hauling in flags, a dais, speakers, and teleprompters into a grade-school lunchroom just to say hi to first and second graders..

Ah, yes, the old myth that Obama "needs" a teleprompter to speak well.

Ask John McCain how winging it against Obama went. Obama shredded him in the debates, and he's going to shred Romney. Funny thing is, this little caricature of Obama is far more applicable to Romney. To wit:

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life."

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me."

"I'll tell you what, ten-thousand bucks? $10,000 bet?"

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed."

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

And the ultimate classic:

"Corporations are people, my friend."

Ask John McCain how winging it against Obama went. Obama shredded him in the debates, and he's going to shred Romney. Funny thing is, this little caricature of Obama is far more applicable to Romney. To wit:

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life."

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

Not sure what these inane remarks have to do with Barack Obama's gaffe-prone abilities, but you have been keeping a little stockpile going. You sure you're a "moderate"?

Not sure what these inane remarks have to do with Barack Obama's gaffe-prone abilities, but you have been keeping a little stockpile going. You sure you're a "moderate"?

what do your inane remarks by obama have to do with anything? all you did was provide a story about not using a teleprompter and then a bunch of 'gaffes'? what do they have to do with each other, or anything?

and since knapplc criticizes romney, it is impossible for him to be a moderate?

what do your inane remarks by obama have to do with anything? all you did was provide a story about not using a teleprompter and then a bunch of 'gaffes'? what do they have to do with each other, or anything?

and since knapplc criticizes romney, it is impossible for him to be a moderate?

I was referring to Romney's remarks as inane. For all I know he too believes there are 58 states. And that they speak Austrian in Austria.

Obviously I was too subtle with my post regarding the relationship between gaffes and teleprompters. How's this: President Obama is prone to screw up when he doesn't use a teleprompter. No Teleprompter = Gaffes.

Not sure knapplc wants your help - I know I would not. As for being a moderate, I have not noticed his being critical of the President very often. I keep a stockpile of President Obama's gaffes because I do not like him.

I googled "stupid Mitt Romney quotes." It took me all of ten seconds to amass that list.

I keep a stockpile of President Obama's gaffes because I do not like him.

Yikes.

notimeforthat.gif

As you said, it doesn't take much time to mine those little gems, and 'm not even posting and getting paid at the same time. Besides, the President has been spewing them for four years now.

Now, do you suppose these things really mean anything?

As purely a side note, it can be amazing the kind of things that happen when you include somebody's full quote.

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money,

becomes

“We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money, but you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or you’re providing a good service.”

And

I was inane.

becomes

I was referring to Romney's remarks as inane.

Now, do you suppose these things really mean anything?

As purely a side note, it can be amazing the kind of things that happen when you include somebody's full quote.

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money,

becomes

“We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money, but you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or you’re providing a good service.”

And

I was inane.

becomes

I was referring to Romney's remarks as inane.

Yikes, did I say that?

You are right for the most part...so, please put this in the proper context: "I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

Yikes, did I say that?

You are right for the most part...so, please put this in the proper context: "I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

someone has a case of the 'pc police' over here.

Ridiculing the mentally impaired (retarded, if you will) has been in very, very poor taste since well before "pc" came into common usage. Hearing Barack Obama say what he did made me cringe, and I am not prone to cringeing.

Ridiculing the mentally impaired (retarded, if you will) has been in very, very poor taste since well before "pc" came into common usage. Hearing Barack Obama say what he did made me cringe, and I am not prone to cringeing.

But if Reagan had said it you'd be here defending it. :lol: