Terry Joseph: Master Teacher

Im going to have to eat my words defending Raymond last year. Joseph seems to be a much better coach, and Raymond was just too technical with these kids, had them thinking too much instead of going out and playing. Ive said all summer, our secondary is going to be lights out this year. If we can get some pressure with our front 4, the defense will be back to its old self.

I'd try my best to reserve judgement until we at least play a game to see if the changes really are that great, but from everything I've read and heard - from media and players - I'd be shocked if our secondary wasn't pretty darn good next year.

Really like how he teaches in multiple ways so that he can target each specific player - and that he wants to play like Alabama's corners - aggressive, fast, physical, and they create turnovers.

Speaking of the DL - I'm curious to see if Vincent Valentine, or any of the other 4 DL Frosh will play. Valentine is certainly big enough to make a difference in the run game. Really excited for our D, with the improved secondary and quite possibly improved DL (Joseph and Kaz), could be something special brewing.

Im going to have to eat my words defending Raymond last year. Joseph seems to be a much better coach, and Raymond was just too technical with these kids, had them thinking too much instead of going out and playing. Ive said all summer, our secondary is going to be lights out this year. If we can get some pressure with our front 4, the defense will be back to its old self.

Raymond was a very good coach so don't feel bad for defending him. He made many of these kids a lot better and more familiar with several concepts that will make them much better even under Joseph. I think the new guy probably relates better but that's probably because his personality is more out going like Sanders was. I think hes a good combo of Sanders and Raymond. I'm glad Bo encouraged Raymond to move on after his comments after the bowl but at the same time I'd be pretty happy if he was still here.

Raymond was a very good coach so don't feel bad for defending him. He made many of these kids a lot better and more familiar with several concepts that will make them much better even under Joseph. I think the new guy probably relates better but that's probably because his personality is more out going like Sanders was. I think hes a good combo of Sanders and Raymond. I'm glad Bo encouraged Raymond to move on after his comments after the bowl but at the same time I'd be pretty happy if he was still here.

Ya thats true. Our secondary will probably be better mostly because of the experience coming back, and Joseph will probably get all the credit and look like the best coach in the world...and thats good, because hes a "helluva" coach and recruiter. And i know Bo was helping with the secodary alot this spring as well.

I had heard that Bo encouraged him to take the good opportunity at LSU, but do you know if Joseph was actually Bos first choice when Sanders left? Ive heard that Joseph said no because he wanted to stay in the SEC, but when the Tenn defensive staff fell apart and Joseph basically got demoted, Bo came back and Joseph said yes. Not sure how accurate that is, maybe you have heard something similar. When Raymond left, Joseph got hired pretty fast.

Raymond appeared to be a good coach - once players grasped his concepts - which was about midseason, if I remember correctly. I think that is approximately when our secondary started to stop being completely worthless. (Cassidy, Thorell playing makes me question some personnel decisions, but hey, that's why I'm a fan and not a coach).

It makes me question Raymond's teaching methods as to why it took so long for them to grasp it? Maybe it's because they were going from Sanders (physical) to Raymond (technique) so they just struggled, or maybe it was more. I'll probably never know.

But what it appears I do know, and one of the reasons I'm more excited for Terry Joseph: He appears to be a superior recruiter - correct me if I'm wrong, but I vaguely, very vaguely remember Raymond saying that we don't have the personnel of an SEC school and we can't get them because they won't leave the SEC - but here comes TJ and he's already gotten us an SEC transfer, an SEC caliber corner (even if he may decommit), and we are in on Priest Willis and had a small shot with Su'a Cravens.

At any rate, I really do agree Raymond wasn't horrific - and technique is definitely necessary. But I really did miss the attacking approach we did have previously. The combination of the two could pay great dividends.

Raymond appeared to be a good coach - once players grasped his concepts - which was about midseason, if I remember correctly. I think that is approximately when our secondary started to stop being completely worthless. (Cassidy, Thorell playing makes me question some personnel decisions, but hey, that's why I'm a fan and not a coach).

It makes me question Raymond's teaching methods as to why it took so long for them to grasp it? Maybe it's because they were going from Sanders (physical) to Raymond (technique) so they just struggled, or maybe it was more. I'll probably never know.

But what it appears I do know, and one of the reasons I'm more excited for Terry Joseph: He appears to be a superior recruiter - correct me if I'm wrong, but I vaguely, very vaguely remember Raymond saying that we don't have the personnel of an SEC school and we can't get them because they won't leave the SEC - but here comes TJ and he's already gotten us an SEC transfer, an SEC caliber corner (even if he may decommit), and we are in on Priest Willis and had a small shot with Su'a Cravens.

At any rate, I really do agree Raymond wasn't horrific - and technique is definitely necessary. But I really did miss the attacking approach we did have previously. The combination of the two could pay great dividends.

Rumor was Bo started helping with the secondary when they started improving.

I love hearing stories like this. I just wish we had a oline coach that induced stories like this.

atleast we have a future d line...from E Mart

Nebraska's four freshmen defensive linemen have been earning rave reviews so far from veteran players and coaches. Martin said all four will be difference-makers for Nebraska down the road. "I feel like this is the biggest defensive line recruiting class we've had, because Avery (Moss) and Greg (McMullen) are bigger than me and they play the same position. We have a lot of big freshmen who are going to be the future of our team and be really good."

Ya thats true. Our secondary will probably be better mostly because of the experience coming back, and Joseph will probably get all the credit and look like the best coach in the world...and thats good, because hes a "helluva" coach and recruiter. And i know Bo was helping with the secodary alot this spring as well.

I had heard that Bo encouraged him to take the good opportunity at LSU, but do you know if Joseph was actually Bos first choice when Sanders left? Ive heard that Joseph said no because he wanted to stay in the SEC, but when the Tenn defensive staff fell apart and Joseph basically got demoted, Bo came back and Joseph said yes. Not sure how accurate that is, maybe you have heard something similar. When Raymond left, Joseph got hired pretty fast.

False rumor.

• Fire 1