Congrats on the win.

Did see any of the game where we were on defense?

You do realize that Southern Miss:

a) Had a grand total of 260 offensive yards,

b) Scored 13 points on offense,

c)Had a brand new coaching staff and Nebraska had absolutely no film to study to learn any of their tendencies,

d) Kept switching QB's each of whom had a different skill set, and

e) Is a solid team that always plays hard for 4 quarters?

Of course you do, what am I thinking? :dunno

The main thing you have to look at is just the 13 points on offense. I'm sure we can get our kick coverage cleared up to where we can eliminate some of the big play opportunities.

While I'm not saying our defense is dominant, I'm not worried like some folks are YET. First game, they played fine.

c)Had a brand new coaching staff and Nebraska had absolutely no film to study to learn any of their tendencies,

I'm more concerned with the lack of fundamentals I witnessed. Poor/miss tackling, lack of intensity. That's what concerns me. That front four looked just like last year and last year we were burned quite a few times. That was something we all hoped would have been addressed and seen a marked improvement this year. I guess I/we were wrong. Alford is a good QB who will only get better. But Braxton is going to torch that front line when head to the Shoe.

I'm more concerned with the lack of fundamentals I witnessed. Poor/miss tackling, lack of intensity. That's what concerns me. That front four looked just like last year and last year we were burned quite a few times. That was something we all hoped would have been addressed and seen a marked improvement this year. I guess I/we were wrong. Alford is a good QB who will only get better. But Braxton is going to torch that front line when head to the Shoe.

So will Robinson when Michigan comes to town.

They kept getting us on the run game. I am hoping we are able to get better at that. The last couple of years I have always been afraid of the run and it's looking like my feelings won't change if they keep this up.

And I to was hoping you guys would have kept Alabama down.

The missed tackles are definitely a legitimate cause for concern. However, our front four had, I heard, 11 tackles for loss which was definitely an improvement over last season.

I find it interesting that after one game, you're resigned to the fact that there won't be any further improvement. Great teams, usually, don't start out great. They start out good and over the course of the season they arrive at great. It's a process. I think we're, right now, seeing the genesis of Nebraska's true rebirth onto the national scene.

The Southern Miss offense is potent. I hope nobody expected a shutout or anything like that. However, they exposed some real issues with our defense that need to be addressed.

They did expose some things that need addressed and we are all hoping that they get fixed. The concern is that they are the same issues that we have been concerned about the last two seasons. Hopefully UCLA's O-line doesn't expose us more. It seems we have been lacking without SUH anchoring the line, isn't there some scheme changes that could be made to better utilize the skill set that our players possess?

Stay in the nickel and dime and tell Ciante to follow Braxton/Dennard follow them wherever they go. I think we will be ok.Not saying we will win for sure, but we have a chance.

They did expose some things that need addressed and we are all hoping that they get fixed. The concern is that they are the same issues that we have been concerned about the last two seasons. Hopefully UCLA's O-line doesn't expose us more. It seems we have been lacking without SUH anchoring the line, isn't there some scheme changes that could be made to better utilize the skill set that our players possess?

Not really. I like Baker Steinkuhler but he is not, repeat not, a DT. He is, or at the least could have been, a franchise worthy, 1st round draft pick, and consensus all-american at LT. Instead, he opted to play DT and he'll be lucky if he's drafted in the 4th round. We currently have slightly above average talent at DT and terrible talent at DE. I love Bo but his ability to target athletic DL is woefully inadequate. Now that being said, both Curry and Moss (true freshman DT and DE respectively) played yesterday so maybe that's a positive sign that we're slowly getting better talent for our interior DL.

Stay in the nickel and dime and tell Ciante to follow Braxton/Dennard follow them wherever they go. I think we will be ok.Not saying we will win for sure, but we have a chance.

Actually against QB's like Braxton Miller and Dennard Robinson Buddy Ryan's famed 46 defense is the best front / scheme to use.

I think that is the biggest factor in the game yesterday