Future of the Running Backs

Apathy

I apologize in advance if this post has numerous grammatical erros but its 11:49 PM and I've had several Captain and Coke drinks and I have to go to work at 7 am.

After watching the game and witnessing the loss of an amazing back in Rex Burkhead for the game, I was very impressive with Ameer, Braylon, and Imani in the way they exploded through the trenches, gained extra yards after the line of scrimmage, and showing several signs of their athleticism in avoiding tackles and gaining extra yardage and stepping up their game. I love Rex (no homo) and we all do, but these younger running backs showed Husker Nation that there will be no missed beats within the running game. You can tell that Ameer has added a ton of muscle and is a lot faster. Heard looks like he's picked up a quicker gitty up.

I talked to my buddy from AZ and we started talking about Burkhead's injury and if it would hurt us in the long haul. IMO and I told my buddy this, even if we lost Burkhead for lets say the next 3-4 games, I can honestly say that I would be 110% confident in our running backs to lead us into conference play up to par in rushing yards as if we've never lost Rex.

I had a Notre Dame fan stop at my house to watch the Michigan/Alabama and Clemson/Auburn games and he asked me who #32 was and I told him that's our true freshman Imani Cross. He could not believe that a true freshman at that size and as powerful as Cross is could be a true freshman. He told me that our Offense was pretty impressive and a huge jump from last year. He was also impressed out how much depth we had at RB and that we didn't have a huge drop off in our running game after losing Rex.

This is a great sign in the way the direction our offense is heading and I can't wait to see how this season ends. Cheers my friends and GO BIG RED!!!

Maybe not a huge drop off, but then again we were playing Southern Mississippi and not Ohio State.

Still a tough opponent though. Look at how many top level BCS Universities have struggled today especially trying to be consistent in their running and/or passing game against a lower tier BCS or FCS schools . To lose a highly touted RB in Rex Burkhead but yet to never miss a beat in the running game is a damn good sign to show for. Remember Ameer and Braylon hardly got carries last year because we rode Rex to the ground in every game and for those two to come out today and to shine like they did was pretty impressive. Some may argue that Ameer got plenty of carries last year to to forget how many carries Rex got in that same game.

You could see how much bigger Ameer got this year.