Question Re: Martinez' internal clock

funhusker

That what I was thinking, there were many times when it would have been "acceptable" in the spectator's eyes for Tayor to pull the ball and run. But, he moved in the pocket and "waited" for receivers to get open.

Again, I'm not saying Martinez should have ran, I just found it odd that he didn't. I'm very curious to where this offense is going to be in November.

I think he also may have deliberately been avoiding running for this game, unless it was a certain situation. If you're shredding Southern Miss through the air, there is no reason to pull it down and risk injury. I'm sure we'll see the wheels when he plays a better defense and is in a more competitive environment...

I too am in the aquarium guy camp but Larry is also funny. I don't know what his direction was but my guess it that as long as he was completing passes his confidence gained and he hung in longer. That said on his nine yard first down scramble I think late in the third quarter he showed that he can still blaze. I noticed it while rewatching the game, once he took off the defenders looked like they were in mud.

Larry_the_Cable_Guy.jpg

Yep.

I watched it again yesterday and as you say, the defenders looked all the world like the 2010 KSU defenders where they could barely swivel their heads fast enough to watch him fly away.

It sure looks like da skers was right.