Offensive Line

You can blame whomever you want, but it come down to the defense, in both of our losses.

I still think it mostly comes down to turnovers. Not only the offense committing them, but the defense not being able to create them.

If we're even in turnovers against UCLA and OSU, we likely win both games.

+1

You can blame whomever you want, but it come down to the defense, in both of our losses.

I still think it mostly comes down to turnovers. Not only the offense committing them, but the defense not being able to create them.

If we're even in turnovers against UCLA and OSU, we likely win both games.

+2 Good point.

Anyone want to defend our offensive tackles or their passblocking now?

Like I said earlier in the thread, Garrison's tackles have a long way to go.

Um.Cotton and Garrison don't use the old inside/outside method of Milt and Dan.

As far as I have known, Cotton is in charge of the upperclass scholarship linemen during drills and works with the entire two deep when the offense is together in practice while handleing the game prep and gameday calls. Garrison handles the walkons and helps with the scholarship players that have been in the program 2 years or less during drills and also works with the TE's along with Morrow during blocking drills.

Cotton only handles the drills now, Beck took over game prep and game day calls as they knew that Barney is heading for a made up position in the AD after the season is over and you can't fire a coach two weeks before or during the season unless you are Wisky. But NU wouldn't do that to an "Nebraska guy" and embarrase him like that.

give it up. funny how your tune changes every time you post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Um.Cotton and Garrison don't use the old inside/outside method of Milt and Dan.

As far as I have known, Cotton is in charge of the upperclass scholarship linemen during drills and works with the entire two deep when the offense is together in practice while handleing the game prep and gameday calls. Garrison handles the walkons and helps with the scholarship players that have been in the program 2 years or less during drills and also works with the TE's along with Morrow during blocking drills.

Thanks -- this is the clarification I was looking for but couldn't think of exactly.

I thought you were looking for da skers clarification?

Stop being wrong. I already stated Garrison would be oline and tight ends and Cotton would do the centers and guards. Then about 3 hours later Bo confirmed it in the papers. Get up to speed would you?

http://www.huskerboa...more-assistant/

So what is actually the truth to how the offensive line is handled? Does it change depending on who performs well so we can always blame Barney?

What I stated has been my understanding for quite a while and was confirmed by coach Kaz himself a few weeks ago when asked.

I've heard nothing about Beck taking over any part of the line. There have been rumors about such things in past years and have never proven to be accurate as far as I have been aware.

thanks this proves AF has no idea what he say's

Over the last several seasons and going into this one, there have been lots of negative remarks about our offensive line. I would like to say that there obviously has been magnificent improvement. IMO they get better each week.

The pass protection is very good. Can we keep the defense out of the backfield every play? Of course not. On the other hand Taylor is not running for his life on every play either.

The run blocking has become very very good. 5th in the nation in rushing. Heck, we almost have two 100 yd rushers every week.

I'm not sure if this improvement is on BC or his cast of helpers, but I have to admit, there is big time improvement all across the line.

Hats off to the offensive line and coaches!

What team are you watching? The right side of the OL just plane STINKS and Quale couldm't block my grandmother. We are 5th in the nation in rushing due to our I-Backs and a bunch of long plays against inferior opponents. Cotton has to go and hopefully with a new AD who has no emotional ties to a former player we can be rid of this guy and his accomplice the S & C coach. I'm just really tired of seeing O-linemen standing around after Taylor or one of the backs gets taken down for a loss, a short gain or a give away. My hat will be off when BC is on a bus out of town.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I started this post after the Wisconsin game.

I knew that if we were to lose a game after that, all of the pissing matches would start again. Just trying to start a positive thread. There already is enough negativity going around. I can be as negative as the next guy, but IMO, eventually you have to say WTF, there is some good here somewhere.