If your coming to the shoe

Just a few suggestions.

Friday night

If your looking for a good place to hang out Friday night I recommend taking a taxi down to the arena district or the short north (they butt up against each other). Lots of fun bars down there.

Saturday

Head down to campus at least by 2. You can start on high street and bar crawl. There is Wendell's pub, varsity club, and river watch. They all have outdoor drinking areas with big screen t.v.s and will be showing all the games going on in the day.

The skull session is a fun prep rally that takes place in St. John's arena witch is directly across from the bars mentioned above. Does anyone know if the Nebraska marching band is coming? If they are they will most likely be invited to participate in the skull session.

Head to the walk in front the stadium rotunda about 40 minutes to kickoff to the band entrance into the shoe... It draws quite a crowd.

Head inside the stadium at least 1/2 hour before kick off if you want the full osu experience. The ramp entrance of the band will be electrifying in this atmosphere and script Ohio will usually happen right after. The OSU band will most likely do a tribute to Nebraska as well.

I think you will find the atmosphere less hostile than what is perceived. For one most osu fans I talke to love Nebraska and was very happy they joined. Over the years the hostility of osu fans usually coincides with some event that pissed them off. Michigan is a no brainer, Wisconsin fans, well we all know how they are. If you go to the cal bear forum you can read their experience here. I didn't see a single negative review. Don't get me wrong, with 160000+ drinking all day you are going to get a few douchebags....please ignore them and realize that most buckeye fans hate these people too. I plan on talking up NU fans as much as possible.

Another thing about osu fans that is different is our love of our band. We love the band almost as much as the football team and we are very proud of them. A compliment to our band, or knowing something about them will get you a long way with most fans. It is a passion that stared with Woody Hayes when he referred to them as the best damn band in the land. A term that is still used to describe them today. Also, with that goes the TBDBITL... (Pronounced Tib-iddle). In case you hear it and don't know.

Let us know if you need any other info..

Here is a decent map of the shoe and surrounding area.

http://www.osu.edu/map/building.php?building=082

• Fire 3

Here's some useful information from buckeyeplanet guys probably worth passing along.

Visiting Huskers:

1) Don't park curbside by student housing in an effort to save $8 to $10. Find a lot open on game day or a parking garage.

2) If someone yells "O-H" the correct response is "I-O" not "[censored] YOU!"

3) During the OSUMB Ramp Entrance, Across the Field, Script Ohio, and playing of the National Anthem, advise your band that this is not the time to be playing The Eyes of Texas are Upon You.

Within two miles to the north, south and east of the stadium are tens of thousands of drunk students partying in or around their houses.

Tens of thousands more people come to those houses to party for games.

I would guess that 98.7% of the issues encountered by opposing fans occur when they walk through the housing around the stadium before and after the games.

Night games increase the issues exponentially.

So, to any Nebraska fan that is concerned about this, all you have to do is park west of the Olentangy (like I said previously) and don't wonder around student housing after the game and I can almost guarantee you that you won't run into any problems.

Regarding campus, everything will be fine as long as you don't go east of High St. From what I hear, lots of friendly Buckeye fans in the bars that are in that safe zone.

I've noticed, opposing team fans get treated better the more they know about football, and the less they are talking smack.

Before the game, I would recommend hanging north of the stadium. Riverwatch Towers tailgate or Varsity Club tailgate (both on Lane Avenue). Food/drink/music and giant TV screens to watch other games before the 8:00pm kickoff. Friendly, mostly adult/alumni type crowd.

From what I've gathered some important things are:

1. Don't wear a blue shirt. It's related to some kind of rivalry :lol: I'm dense enough to wear my blue World Gym Columbus, OH t-shirt to a game (if it wasn't NU playing). BTW, a good gym if you're looking for a place to work out. I was able to pay for a day usage if I recall correctly. I have no idea why they think a UM person would show up for a NU-OSU game. :dunno

2. Their O-H I-O cheer is sacred. Don't disrupt it. :bad

3. They don't like arrogant fans. These guys must have rubbed them the wrong way :hookerhorns

Here's some useful information from buckeyeplanet guys probably worth passing along.

Visiting Huskers:

1) Don't park curbside by student housing in an effort to save $8 to $10. Find a lot open on game day or a parking garage.

2) If someone yells "O-H" the correct response is "I-O" not "[censored] YOU!"

3) During the OSUMB Ramp Entrance, Across the Field, Script Ohio, and playing of the National Anthem, advise your band that this is not the time to be playing The Eyes of Texas are Upon You.

Within two miles to the north, south and east of the stadium are tens of thousands of drunk students partying in or around their houses.

Tens of thousands more people come to those houses to party for games.

I would guess that 98.7% of the issues encountered by opposing fans occur when they walk through the housing around the stadium before and after the games.

Night games increase the issues exponentially.

So, to any Nebraska fan that is concerned about this, all you have to do is park west of the Olentangy (like I said previously) and don't wonder around student housing after the game and I can almost guarantee you that you won't run into any problems.

Regarding campus, everything will be fine as long as you don't go east of High St. From what I hear, lots of friendly Buckeye fans in the bars that are in that safe zone.

I've noticed, opposing team fans get treated better the more they know about football, and the less they are talking smack.

Before the game, I would recommend hanging north of the stadium. Riverwatch Towers tailgate or Varsity Club tailgate (both on Lane Avenue). Food/drink/music and giant TV screens to watch other games before the 8:00pm kickoff. Friendly, mostly adult/alumni type crowd.

From what I've gathered some important things are:

1. Don't wear a blue shirt. It's related to some kind of rivalry :lol: I'm dense enough to wear my blue World Gym Columbus, OH t-shirt to a game (if it wasn't NU playing). BTW, a good gym if you're looking for a place to work out. I was able to pay for a day usage if I recall correctly. I have no idea why they think a UM person would show up for a NU-OSU game. :dunno

2. Their O-H I-O cheer is sacred. Don't disrupt it. :bad

3. They don't like arrogant fans. These guys must have rubbed them the wrong way :hookerhorns

This is pretty much dead on. The student get obnoxious. Don't go ant further than the varsyty club and you will be fine.

Quick question for any OSU fans is there a place to buy any OSU gear. I need to pick up something for my wife who is a OSU die-hard lol.

Yes, if you go to the varsity club on lane av. There is an osu store there with everything ohio state.

College Traditions is the name of the store right next to the Varsity Club. Conrad's is another OSU apparel/gift shop nearby on Lane Avenue. You will also find temporary vendors along Lane, and several shops on High Street, but the two previously mentioned are the most central to the gameday party scene on Lane Avenue.