I have no idea why this was on twitter today since it is an article from 1990, but I read it anyway. I found it interesting that Coach K had some similarities to Bo in his early career. He wasn't the same Coach K as we see now. Pretty good read, even if it is really old.

Early in his 10-year Duke tenure, Krzyzewski had a combative attitude toward the press, a posture that was perhaps acquired while he was a player under Bob Knight at West Point and later reinforced when he was a Knight assistant at Indiana. But as Krzyzewski's Duke teams became successful, he grew more relaxed, and until his run-in with the student paper, the coach's troubles with the news media had appeared a thing of the past.

''If he had approached things differently, then it wouldn't have been a story in the first place,'' said Peele, a senior from Fort Washington, Md. ''I think Coach K. learned a little more about how to handle the student media, and I think everyone else learned you can make someone out to be as much a saint as possible, but every now and then they're going to make mistakes, too.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/01/24/sports/coach-k-gives-stately-duke-an-undignified-jolt.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm