Having problems with HB after wiping Hard Drive

CornHOLIO

A few questions, although if zoogies can't help you, likely I won't be able to, either:

1) Is HuskerBoard the only site affected after you wiped your hard drive? Are there any other sites, especially forums, that you can't see properly? Specifically, I'd check out the IP.Board forums, to see if it's some conflict with the board software.

2) Are you using any kind of adblock software on your browser that could be blocking the board? If you have anything like that, at all, I'd suggest disabling it on HuskerBoard entirely.

3) Why did you wipe your hard drive? Was it a virus? If so, are you certain it's gone, and/or are you certain you haven't reacquired it since the wipe? You can check your hard drive, free, with sites like BitDefender. I'd give that a try.

4) Last suggestion - When you go to HuskerBoard, can you see the "Change Theme" option at the bottom of the page? If so, try changing themes and see if the one you're currently using isn't the problem.

If HuskerBoard is the only site affected, if you have no adblock software installed and/or you have no virus, the problem, unfortunately, has to be on your end, meaning there's likely very little we could do to help.

A few questions, although if zoogies can't help you, likely I won't be able to, either:

1) Is HuskerBoard the only site affected after you wiped your hard drive? Are there any other sites, especially forums, that you can't see properly? Specifically, I'd check out the IP.Board forums, to see if it's some conflict with the board software.

2) Are you using any kind of adblock software on your browser that could be blocking the board? If you have anything like that, at all, I'd suggest disabling it on HuskerBoard entirely.

3) Why did you wipe your hard drive? Was it a virus? If so, are you certain it's gone, and/or are you certain you haven't reacquired it since the wipe? You can check your hard drive, free, with sites like BitDefender. I'd give that a try.

4) Last suggestion - When you go to HuskerBoard, can you see the "Change Theme" option at the bottom of the page? If so, try changing themes and see if the one you're currently using isn't the problem.

If HuskerBoard is the only site affected, if you have no adblock software installed and/or you have no virus, the problem, unfortunately, has to be on your end, meaning there's likely very little we could do to help.

The reason for the wipe was to try to speed up my computer, my HD was about 75% full and last time I let it get that large, my hard drive froze, forcing me to reformat and losing everything.

I did a more thorough reformat last weekend and before I loaded any anti viral programs I tried to log on to HB..I also seem to remember having a similar problem a few years ago but can't remember how it was corrected..Although I didn't think to disable the Norton protection that came with the computer a decade ago.

The computer is even more slow now. closing windows take over a minute to drop down but defragging seems to only take ~30 seconds and my HD is less than 15? % full.

Maybe it's time to dedicate the old machine to Magic Jack.

Thanks for all your help, fellas

There's other forums?

Actually, I tried HuskerMax and shaggy..No Problems there except stupid Longhorn fans on one of them.

http://www.pastebin.com

Visit Huskerboard, press Ctrl+U to bring up View Source, and copy and paste the whole thing into pastebin, and send a link over this way. This should tell us if it's loading everything (in which case, potential problem on our end) or if it's not loading (problem with the connection).

It seems really strange if you can't see it from any browser, but other computers on your internet can see it fine. Try clearing the cache/cookies/temporary internet files manually, although I can't really see how that would make a difference. Maybe try Firefox as well, although again, that shouldn't do anything and I'm stumped :(

Visit Huskerboard, press Ctrl+U to bring up View Source, and copy and paste the whole thing into pastebin, and send a link over this way. This should tell us if it's loading everything (in which case, potential problem on our end) or if it's not loading (problem with the connection).

It seems really strange if you can't see it from any browser, but other computers on your internet can see it fine. Try clearing the cache/cookies/temporary internet files manually, although I can't really see how that would make a difference. Maybe try Firefox as well, although again, that shouldn't do anything and I'm stumped :(

Ctrl+U does nothing on my computer..even the one at work.

Have you tried clicking on the "Error on page" message in the bottom left corner? Or clicked on the "Compatibility View" at the top? (looks like a piece of paper torn in half)

Compatibility View" appears to make the page "blink" (reload?) but the same blank background page appears after a fraction of a second.

I'll post the error mesage at lunch.

Edit:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Timestamp: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:45:39 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)

Line: 0

Char: 0

Code: 0

URI: http://www.huskerboard.com/

Line: 865

Char: 2

Code: 0

URI: http://www.huskerboard.com/public/min/index.php?ipbv=32005&charset=iso-8859-1&f=public%2Fjs%2Fipb.js%2Ccache%2Flang_cache%2F1%2Fipb.lang.js%2Cpublic%2Fjs%2Fips.hovercard.js%2Cpublic%2Fjs%2Fips.quickpm.js%2Cpublic%2Fjs%2Fips.board.jsSee More

Actually, I only have the one computer hooked up at home (the Problem area)

I'm posting this from my computer at work.

The problem has occurred twice in the last ~4years to the best of my knowledge..(AFTER) Each time I reformated/erased my hard drive.

I'm also considering replacing my cable modem (Motorola Surfboard)..I bought it used and seem to have lost the WiFi capabilities a few months back.

Ctrl+U does nothing on my computer..even the one at work.

Try Tool - Internet Options - Browsing History (it's around the middle of the popup window). Click Delete, let it run, then close IE and re-open it and see if that helps.