Why do I bother?

Huskerz65:

I decided to post on the above web site forum even though their is a bunch of derogatory, mean, filthy dialogue spewing forth. The answer is that I think that myself and most Husker fans from the past have an honorable culture of sportsmanship (not "in" these days) that should transend the attitudes of people in Sections 116/117.

I approach each thread as though I'm pulling their leg or just trading good ribbing. I also want to be honest about the CU team from a sportsman approach. They didn't just deserve to be going to the Championship game. they earned it fairly. We lost the games we needed and they won the games that they needed.

Also, the greatest rivalry that we've had is OU. The splitting of the conf into North and South not only killed that, but made for an extra loss for a Big 12 team. That is why TO was against it. But I digress. The reason for the OU comment is that our 2 schools alway had respect and courtesy for each other. I'm going to hold up my end of that Husker culture and not be dragged down to mean spirited silliness.

Having said that, when will I have the courage to wear my NU OWNS T-shirt with the Colorado license plate image?

Boy, that took awhile!!!

I don't know if this is relavent to the CU-NU discussion, but decided to add my input anyway.

For many year here in Illinois my family met with other family to watch the CU-NU game on TV. I'm a Big Red fan and NU grad. Our friend's wife is a Colorado native, a CU grad and a CU fan. It was great fun to talk about the game and relish a NU win or get sympathy for an NU loss. The shared pain / joy always kept the game in proper perspective.

When it was over, we both were still friends and WISHED THE BEST for each other's institution!

Maybe this was easier from about 1000 miles away from Folsom Field.

Maybe we realized that football was not the most important thing in life.

Maybe we knew that friends were more important that being "rivals".

Maybe not all CU fans should be painted with the one broad brush of morons.

Maybe we should thank all those NU leaders and fans who have set a good example of sportsmanship in the past.

I think role models are VERY important to a culture.

Roy, I honestly don't see how anyone would want to subject themselves to that type of behavior period.

Regardless if you are trying to be a "sportsman" about it, there are always a few in the bunch (and I think you know who I am talking about) that always make the whole group look like crap. Student Sections 116 and 117 proved that on Friday.

I would consider it a 'decent' site if the Moderators and Admins played more of a neutral roll, they don't.

I read what you posted about your title. The site ADMIN flat out told you that it wouldn't be changed.

Do you see our ADMINS and MODS going around and messing with the few Buff Fans we have on here? No.

That board mirrors the school to a T. It all comes from the top down. There is little order and they all pat each other by giving "reputation" points for slamming us Husker Fans.

My advice to you, wear that shirt now.

It's sad actually. I really paid no mind to the fans of that state. I assumed that all of what I heard about the flying debris was hearsay. Well, as we witnessed, it is not.

I have relatives in both Ft. Collins and Loveland. I always enjoyed the drive through the Rockies and across the summit. But now, in the back of my mind, I will always remember this past week. Both from what I saw on tv and the way the Huskers were treated on their board.

Call it trolling, but we showed them respect all the way up to the first derogatory statement. How you kept the majority of your composure, I'll never know.

As always...GBR! :thumbs

Roy, I honestly don't see how anyone would want to subject themselves to that type of behavior period.

Regardless if you are trying to be a "sportsman" about it, there are always a few in the bunch (and I think you know who I am talking about) that always make the whole group look like crap. Student Sections 116 and 117 proved that on Friday.

I would consider it a 'decent' site if the Moderators and Admins played more of a neutral roll, they don't.

I read what you posted about your title. The site ADMIN flat out told you that it wouldn't be changed.

Do you see our ADMINS and MODS going around and messing with the few Buff Fans we have on here? No.

That board mirrors the school to a T. It all comes from the top down. There is little order and they all pat each other by giving "reputation" points for slamming us Husker Fans.

My advice to you, wear that shirt now.

It's sad actually. I really paid no mind to the fans of that state. I assumed that all of what I heard about the flying debris was hearsay. Well, as we witnessed, it is not.

I have relatives in both Ft. Collins and Loveland. I always enjoyed the drive through the Rockies and across the summit. But now, in the back of my mind, I will always remember this past week. Both from what I saw on tv and the way the Huskers were treated on their board.

Call it trolling, but we showed them respect all the way up to the first derogatory statement. How you kept the majority of your composure, I'll never know.

As always...GBR!  :thumbs

Really! I am "Tom Osborne's love child" on that forum and someone else(it may be you) is "Cornjerker-spurt spurt." They even made my signature "CU-62, NU- 36." They talked so much smack to us before the game and now they are telling us how much they hate us instead of telling us what a great game we played. Those people on that board, like the Colorado players, are fueled by hate and out to get Nebraska. It is ridiculous the amount of tampering they commit against Husker fans' profiles. I'm surprised I'm not banned from the site for having the "NU OWNS Colorado" tag as my avatar.

I get on that site to peruse what is going on but for the most part it is just informational. I also use a innoculous name w/o husker in it. Not chicken just don't need to fan the flames.

Is that board different you bet. But it is their board and like was mentioned in this or other posts don't troll/flame there and brag here about it. Bad form.

Some of their stuff sounds like our board w/o all the really bad stuff. LOOK OUT HERE COMES A BOTTLE :lol:

I have been to the "Allbuffs" site. Some are saying they can actually win against Texas, some are saying that NU won simply because CU had an "off day", some are actually supporting the way their student section acted at the game, and many of the posts have the intellect of junior high kids. Seriously, they don't debate, they bitch and ridicule.

I add a quote by Chris Rock. It seems appropriate after reading the "Allbuffs" site.

" What's 2+2?.........Jello "

Ha! :lol: Yeah, I am "Corn Jerker." Tell me, is that a new method in "husking"?

:rollin:rollin

I honestly see no reason to go over there anymore. As you stated, they are fueled by hate.

If you noticed, some members are made up from being banned by a "decent" Buff site.

You're right. I will probably go over there again next year around this time but I think the 30-3 score will give them plenty to think about for a year.

Ha!  :lol:  Yeah, I am "Corn Jerker." Tell me, is that a new method in "husking"?

:rollin  :rollin

I honestly see no reason to go over there anymore. As you stated, they are fueled by hate.

If you noticed, some members are made up from being banned by a "decent" Buff site.

You're right. I will probably go over there again next year around this time but I think the 30-3 score will give them plenty to think about for a year.

Heh, I am not going to bother with them anymore.

As I stated in another recent post, I should have been here with my Husker Family celebrating our win, instead of getting worked up by one person that has the meddle of an adolescent teenager.

Have to agree it gets pretty surly there.

I won't disagree with you there.

How I let one person get so "under my skin" I'll never know. I don't think I have ever been so pissed off. EVER! :steam;)

You can only take so much - even when you post something tame they still are pretty vulger - that's why I told that guy to tell me to f#*k off to my face - Manhattan Beach, CA is a small town and I will run into him - We'll see how tuff he is then when I call his bluff.