Glad Huskers are in B1G

OS82

I wish Ohio State was allowed to play in the championship game. Would be interesting to see how a rematch would go on a neutral field

Too much attributed to home field. Yes it has advantages but there are plenty of examples of failures on home fields by home teams. We played USC at the Shoe a few years back. For as long as I can remember Bucks fans have been grousing about the west coast's teams having the advantage in the Rose Bowl and have been clamoring to get our nemesis USC in our house. Well after a few decades we finally get them at the Shoe...and lose...to a frosh QB. IMO the worst regular season loss we ever had. It was our one chance to kill that argument and we had all the advantages we could ask for, but stunk it up. In that one game the home field advantage got blown to pieces. Same thing with our loss to Texas as Colt McCoy marched his team down the field in the closing minutes.

The power of shutting down a home team and silencing the home crowd is almost as powerful as having the crowd in your corner.

I'd still like to see a team from the west coast/south to come up there in Oct or Nov.

that's the real B1G home field advantage. So USC and Texass came up in sept when it was still warm, big deal.

I wish Ohio State was allowed to play in the championship game. Would be interesting to see how a rematch would go on a neutral field

Too much attributed to home field. Yes it has advantages but there are plenty of examples of failures on home fields by home teams. We played USC at the Shoe a few years back. For as long as I can remember Bucks fans have been grousing about the west coast's teams having the advantage in the Rose Bowl and have been clamoring to get our nemesis USC in our house. Well after a few decades we finally get them at the Shoe...and lose...to a frosh QB. IMO the worst regular season loss we ever had. It was our one chance to kill that argument and we had all the advantages we could ask for, but stunk it up. In that one game the home field advantage got blown to pieces. Same thing with our loss to Texas as Colt McCoy marched his team down the field in the closing minutes.

The power of shutting down a home team and silencing the home crowd is almost as powerful as having the crowd in your corner.

You mean Vince Young, right? So, not that big of a fail, considering they won the NC that year. Nothing at all to be ashamed of.

Actually I referenced the '08 bowl game against Texas where they marched down the field last minute just like USC did. We're famous for closing minute prevent defenses that let the other team win a game we had in the bag. Wasn't a home game but the loss was the same script as the USC game. I could have been more clear.

I watched that game. Matt Barkley didn't beat you. The All-Americans on their interior offensive line beat you. You could not stop them in short yardage and I think that's the biggest reason you lost.

Coqui is correct, our prevent cost us the game. No reason for it, just the style that Heacock (our DC at the time) conducted business at the closing minutes.

I'd still like to see a team from the west coast/south to come up there in Oct or Nov.

that's the real B1G home field advantage. So USC and Texass came up in sept when it was still warm, big deal.

It's not like Ohio is the arctic in Oct/Nov. I now live in CT and have workers on my construction crew that still wear shorts those months and CT isn't that different from OH. I've never been to Nebraska but I'd say the weather is similar? With all our losses I can think of the execution, personnel, or coaching screw-ups that cost us the game. I can't really remember crowd or weather being a factor.