Ross Els

lionsfan93

i keep forgetting that your forgo watching the games so you can retreat to your stat lines.

Wow, lets go to a personal attack and try to insult someone's intelligence why don't we? How about I knew he was one of our leading tacklers, and I got stats to prove my statement, so people like yourself can't deny the FACTS? I am sorry I like to back up my statements. How about you?

9_sorry_00kapologies23bx.jpgi_am_sorry_02.jpg

whaley still can't cover a cross route. shouldn't be on the field. tired of seeing him getting picked on 3-4 times a game for 10 yards.

Well then Martinez shouldnt be on the field because he throws 5-10 incomplete passes a game. Abdullah shouldnt be on the field because he loses yardage on 3-5 plays per game. Our entire o line should be benched because they all miss a few blocks a game. Compon should not be on the field becuase he.........

Cmon man. No one is 100% perfect at what they do. There's a lot of give and take and doing the best you can situationally. If there was someone better than Whaley, they would be playing. No, there is no doghouse.

Whaley has improved tremendously throughout the year. I cant find the justification in criticizing him too much.

he's improved. but considering where he started that isn't saying too much. he's still a liability out there. in my opinion more so than santos. i'd rather have a few freshman mistakes than a consistent inability to perform a central piece of your position. it means 5 other guys are compensating for this every down that he's on the field. i'm shocked teams haven't exposed him more than they have. every time we see someone run that cross route against whaley it's a given they are gaining a 1st down. you saw it 3-4 times against penn state. i just cant' wrap my mind around how a D1 LBer for a top 15 team can't step up and stick that guy and throw him off his route. He didn't even see them coming half the time. Deer in headlights. And he knows it's coming. The whole stadium knows it's coming.

Maybe they cant. Mayyyyybeeeee, he's just a teenie weenie bit better than youre giving credit for. Mayyyyybeeeee, he does 20 good things that you dont notice for every one bad thing, becuase the one bad sticks out like a sore thumb in his case, like a lineman that misses a block. you dont really pay attention to the fact that he makes 65 good blocks a game, but rather the 1,2, or even 3+ that he misses. Just my thoughts. I just happen to think the Whaley is doing a serviceable job and that he's the best there is for that position or he wouldnt be there.

• Fire 1