Dennard 87-yd pick six against Luck

shabizzle

So has Dennard been starting for the Pats? I know Talib is going to be their #1 CB, but has anyone else really impressed? Also think about that 2010 secondary. Gomes was starting (not following the Redskins enough), Amukamara has started, Hagg has started, and now Dennard is being very productive at New England.

Dennard has slowly been taking over the #2 corner spot for New England. Not sure if he has been listed as the official starter for the last four or so games, but I do know he has played the majority of snaps. He's shown some really good flashes so far, but there have been times where teams have made a concerted effort to throw his way and have had success doing so. Overall, he's been an absolute steal for the Pats. Drawing quite a few comparisons to Ty Law.

So has Dennard been starting for the Pats? I know Talib is going to be their #1 CB, but has anyone else really impressed? Also think about that 2010 secondary. Gomes was starting (not following the Redskins enough), Amukamara has started, Hagg has started, and now Dennard is being very productive at New England.

Dennard has slowly been taking over the #2 corner spot for New England. Not sure if he has been listed as the official starter for the last four or so games, but I do know he has played the majority of snaps. He's shown some really good flashes so far, but there have been times where teams have made a concerted effort to throw his way and have had success doing so. Overall, he's been an absolute steal for the Pats. Drawing quite a few comparisons to Ty Law.

So the Pats have/had McCourty and Arrington atop the corner depth chart. With a lingering injury to safety Patrick Chung, McCourty has been shifted over to man his safety spot, which is what brought Dennard up the ranks. Prior to that he had earned his way onto the field in Nickel sets -- over Arrington at the time.

Now it's Arrington/Talib/Dennard in no particular order, I think. I'm not sure where Arrington was yesterday, so this is cool.

I didn't know Gomes and Hagg both started.

Here's some stuff I've found from ESPNBoston's excellent Pats blog:

1. Patriots rookie cornerback Alfonzo Dennard became the second defensive back to score on Sunday when he took Andrew Luck's first throw of the fourth quarter all the way back for a touchdown, and although it looked as though Luck and receiver Reggie Wayne had a miscommunication on the play, credit Dennard for seizing an opportunity. We saw Dennard swivel his hips and open up on the play when he sensed the throw, and he also showed just enough speed to outlast the Colts who were in pursuit of him as he returned the interception. That's three interceptions in his last four games for Dennard, who has come on strong since returning from an injury that slowed the start of his NFL career.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4734746/picked-up-pieces-from-2nd-half-review-10

CB Alfonzo Dennard – 72 of 78

CB Aqib Talib – 67 of 78

CB Kyle Arrington – 49 of 78

Alfonzo Dennard replaced Kyle Arrington at right corner on the second series, with Arrington mostly then relegated to slot duties..

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4734710/snaps-talib-steps-right-in

Fonz tallied the second-most defensive snaps on the day, behind only safety Devin McCourty, who played all 78 snaps.